• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alabama - WTF!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBF, when I got knocked up at 16 and looked like I would end up homeless, the pro-life people found me supported accommodation and provided me with a lot of second hand baby stuff.

Comment

"Pro-life" legislators in USA don't care about the kid the second it was born, sick feckers

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        And I would argue that "she got pregnant" is just as loaded as "he impregnated her" - the former implies the woman is responsible, the latter the man. As most sensible adults know, that responsibility is shared.
        Fair enough. We used to say "we're pregnant".

How about "up the duff"? Or "with child"?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's a crappy decision and does nothing to actually advance the discussion around this topic. It was made by closed minded fools who think being pro-choice = murder. Pro-choice is about CHOICE - being allowed to decide what is best for the the woman who has to carry the child, as well as the child itself, without making unhelpful judgements on her or giving her all the facts about all options that would help her make an informed decision.

I get that some men would be upset at not being part of the conversation. I'd hazard that if a child was truly unwanted then the relationship with the father isn't a great one anyway.

Whilst I think it's pathetic how few male contraceptives there are on the market, I would never trust a man with contraception as he doesn't have to deal with the outcome. A quick squirt and he can walk away; if he sticks around, it's not him having his gash sewn up after several hours of labour, or an emergency C-section when the pregancy goes titsup. No, I'm the one stuck with a parasite and a bunch of judgemental arses telling me I'm irresponsible and should have taken more care. No thanks!
          Last edited by ladymuck; 15 May 2019, 18:28. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Fair enough. We used to say "we're pregnant".

How about "up the duff"? Or "with child"?
            If I am not very much mistaken, you were in a relationship, and the children were wanted. Those situations rarely result in termination.

When you walk down the street and see a pregnant teenager, is your internalised condemnation for the guy who thoughtlessly got another young woman pregnant, or is it for the visible result of that copulation? I suspect in the vast majority of cases it's the latter. That needs to change. By teaching our sons to take responsibility for the distribution of their seed, they will avoid the situation where a young woman is facing a horrible decision, and/or they are paying to support a child they didn't want in the first place.

Comment

This is the crap that religion lands us with.

I suppose you don't have to be religious to be opposed to abortion at some point, once the unborn baby is a sentient human being, but a foetus at a few weeks is no more a thinking human being than a slice of elbow. There is no soul.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 15 May 2019, 19:41.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                And we thought the DUP was ****ed up!
                It's quite a thing when Sinn Fein are more progressive on women's reproductive rights.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Abortion is a recognised medical procedure and it should be between the doctor and patient.

Yes probably need a rule like we have in the UK (up to 24 weeks unless there is a medical issue)

Other than everyone else should completely fook off

And it is most certainly not up to a bunch of old white men to tell people what to do.
                  oh crappity. I'm agreeing with OPM.....
                  He's right on this though.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    When you walk down the street and see a pregnant teenager, is your internalised condemnation for the guy who thoughtlessly got another young woman pregnant, or is it for the visible result of that copulation?
                    Neither really. I don't do condemnation. All that internalised condemnation does is promote self-righteousness and hypocrisy.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

And to make it worse....

The governor of Alabama who is signing this off is a woman!

The reason they are doing this is Roe vs Wade.

Trump just appointed two ultra conservative supreme court judges meaning the ultra conservatives have a majority on the bench.

Alabama and Georgia know these laws will be challenged and probably all the way to the supreme court.

With a case in front of them a loaded bench, the court will then most likely overturn Roe vs Wade and we roll all the way back to 1973

Comment

Working...
                      X