• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alabama - WTF!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I'd like to see the evidence / stats for "lifestyle abortions". Mistakes happen or something goes wrong.

Abortion isn't simple. It's a nasty process on the body, whatever stage it happens at. For a vulnerable woman, it can also be a mentally harrowing experience.

Men seem to think that pregancy, birth, abortions, miscarriages are all just a walk in the park so they're perfectly placed to shame, blame, legislate and generally decide what a woman should do with her body.
    I think it's a term used by snowflakes, trigerred by women's autonomy over their bodies during pregnancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Birth is the normal definition.
      in your opinion is aborting a fetus @ 39 weeks and 6 days justifiable in non life threatening circumstances?

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
        in your opinion is aborting a fetus @ 39 weeks and 6 days justifiable in non life threatening circumstances?
        No. Where did I suggest that?

Comment

It all depends on the specific circumstances, but I would expect the medical advice to either suggest induce labour or do a C-section.

Comment

at what point would you say a fetus is a baby?
            13 weeks.

Comment

It all depends on the specific circumstances, but I would expect the medical advice to either suggest induce labour or do a C-section.
              My argument was more around at what point does the fetus begin to have human rights (right to life)

(Not saying I have the answer, like I stated earlier in the thread it's a minefield)

Comment

My argument was more around at what point does the fetus begin to have human rights (right to life)

(Not saying I have the answer, like I stated earlier in the thread it's a minefield)
                Fair enough.

How about at the point you can reasonably expect it to show 6 of the 7 signs of life:

Movement, respiration, sensitive to environment, growth, excretion, feeding

Excluded reproduction for reasons I really hope don't need pointing out.

Comment

Fair enough.

How about at the point you can reasonably expect it to show 6 of the 7 signs of life:

logically some form of criteria has to drawn up and agreed upon then regularly reviewed

i just have a problem with zealots at either end of the spectrum

Comment

Fair enough.

Even with your headings you have opened up a minefield.

What constitutes movement, an amputated frogs leg can be made to move with electrical impulses, i.e. does an uncontrolled muscular spasm constitute movement.

similar argument could also be applied to feeding and excretion. I think we all know what you mean but for legal clarity it would have to be defined and then how do you prove that is occurring. You can't see or prove that the Foetus is feeding, and you can't say well its alive so it must be feeding because you are using feeding as one of your 6 proofs of life - a circular argument. the same applies to excretion. I could go on but you get the general idea that you need good unquestionable legal definitions. As has already been said its a minefield out there

Comment

I'd like to see the evidence / stats for "lifestyle abortions". Mistakes happen or something goes wrong.

Abortion isn't simple. It's a nasty process on the body, whatever stage it happens at. For a vulnerable woman, it can also be a mentally harrowing experience.

Men seem to think that pregancy, birth, abortions, miscarriages are all just a walk in the park so they're perfectly placed to shame, blame, legislate and generally decide what a woman should do with her body.
                      A bit like shaving for a man

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X