• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alabama - WTF!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    thank you for your enlightened contribution to the discussion
    And you are?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      And you are?
      The poster from Bridgwater.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        20 weeks gestation? Possibly very occasionally they may survive.
        You're quite right, I had mis-remembered. There is a huge difference in development week on week which affects viability.

Stats here from Tommy's about survival rates:
        Premature birth statistics | Tommy’s

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I'd like to see the evidence / stats for "lifestyle abortions". Mistakes happen or something goes wrong.

Abortion isn't simple. It's a nasty process on the body, whatever stage it happens at. For a vulnerable woman, it can also be a mentally harrowing experience.

Men seem to think that pregancy, birth, abortions, miscarriages are all just a walk in the park so they're perfectly placed to shame, blame, legislate and generally decide what a woman should do with her body.
          That's a sweeping generalisation. I was present during my wife's caesarean, walked in just as they sliced. See that and it puts things into perspective.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            That's a sweeping generalisation.
            Pot, meet kettle.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Pot, meet kettle.
              Thank you for your thoughtful contribution.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

If you are going to have an abortion do not try it at home.

With a bike handle.

Bike handle stuck in woman for two years after husband shoved it in vagina | Metro News

Comment

Obviously a contentious subject but my 2p.

Where does the morning after pill fit into this (I notice that stat was missing from CDC post)?

I agree that some males think that 'spreading your seed' is their human right, this needs to stop.

For the record when my cohabiting 'partner' (at 17) fell pregnant due to a failed contraceptive pill course, I said that I would support her and her decision. She decided on abortion and the process (via NHS) confirmed that at that time 'ethics' were prehistoric. 2 GP's had to decide you were mentally incapable of keeping the child.

For my part nearly 40 years on I can see that my reactions to this alter as I get older. I have not had children of my own, but I'm step dad to two and granddad to two, so sometimes I'm a little sad, particularly as grandchild 2 is 5 months old. Overriding that is the reason that she gave for her final decision, in that she was not ready for children/family and that she wanted a career (I was paying all the bills whilst she went to College). Last time I had any news of her she was a top flight graphic designer. Not sure about her status as a mum.

I do think that planetary over population should also be facet of this discussion. Not easy in more deprived parts of the world sure, but in 1st world countries the onus should be on responsible family size.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    However, if your significant other decides that she wants to abort your child - for whatever reason, is it reasonable in your opinion that the man has no rights?
                    Yes.

Next .....
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Alabama woman charged after losing unborn baby in shooting - BBC News

Marshae Jones was arrested on Wednesday for initiating a dispute last December that led to another woman shooting her in the stomach
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X