• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freedom of speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Said every conspiracy theoriest ever.

But do go on.
    All 52%

I'm sure you'll get over it one day - but until then keep raging on the Internet, if that's what works for you.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Well until he does I will take his place.

If these people are spouting nonsense which is un true then they will not have any followers or influence.

Now just think about why they do got followers and influence.

Scenes such as illegal immigrants blockading CDG airport and saying France does not belong to the French have an impact on people.

Remember in 1939 when Hitler did that to Poland? Started a bloody war it did.

Just saying like.

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      No what he's saying is that in general people tend to follow what resonates with them and are perfectly capable of making up their minds about what to believe without other people who when they don't get what they want telling them what to think and telling them they've been duped by 'fake news'

This is what the snowflakes and the like cannot accept or even process - that the majority rational people made informed decisions and outvoted them based on looking at all the available information.

I'd say "you lost -now GTF over it" but there's no point.
      You made a big leap from oPM saying that people are not influenced by untruth and nonsense, to people generally being influenced by what resonates with them.

Something of a disconnect here and it goes to the heart of the fake news / propagandist problem. Don't worry about what is true, just play to people's prejudices, and then you will resonate with them and influence them.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        You made a big leap from oPM saying that people are not influenced by untruth and nonsense, to people generally being influenced by what resonates with them.

Something of a disconnect here and it goes to the heart of the fake news / propagandist problem. Don't worry about what is true, just play to people's prejudices, and then you will resonate with them and influence them.
        I never said people aren't influenced by untruth and nonsense. Look at all the snowflakes making up untruth and nonsense about whey they lost their elections - it's everywhere!.

Point I made is that the majority of the voting population (you know the ones who won) are perfectly capable of discerning what is true and isn't without sore losers trying to force them to think a certain way and trying to shame them as being an 'ist' of some sort.

Well done for getting 'people's prejudices' in there though, if it helps you to get over it by calling people howwibwe wacists then you go for it. If you need to think that the general population are stupid enough to be duped by propaganda - and that's why you lost - then you think that.

Like OPM said:

If these people are spouting nonsense which is un true then they will not have any followers or influence.
        Most of the general population can see through online BS, of course there are fringes that believe crazy stuff and there is an alt-right - but that doesn't extend to everyone that disagrees with you.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          I never said people aren't influenced by untruth and nonsense. Look at all the snowflakes making up untruth and nonsense about whey they lost their elections - it's everywhere!.

Point I made is that the majority of the voting population (you know the ones who won) are perfectly capable of discerning what is true and isn't without sore losers trying to force them to think a certain way and trying to shame them as being an 'ist' of some sort.

Well done for getting 'people's prejudices' in there though, if it helps you to get over it by calling people howwibwe wacists then you go for it. If you need to think that the general population are stupid enough to be duped by propaganda - and that's why you lost - then you think that.

Like OPM said:

Most of the general population can see through online BS, of course there are fringes that believe crazy stuff and there is an alt-right - but that doesn't extend to everyone that disagrees with you.
          You said:

No what he's saying is that in general people tend to follow what resonates with them and are perfectly capable of making up their minds about what to believe without other people who when they don't get what they want telling them what to think and telling them they've been duped by 'fake news'
          That is not what oPM said. But the divergence is telling for the reasons that outlined in the post above.

E.g. tell people that Turkey is joining the EU, and some people will believe it is true because it resonates. Tell people that the UK sends 350 million per week to the EU
          and it resonates with some people. That is one of the way that propaganda works.

Comment

That's really what I find so amusing - he doesn't notice the disconnect, the huge logical inconsistencies in his own position. But this whole thing of projecting that the people who take the piss out of him are in some way :tantrum in impotent rage? That's weird.

Perhaps he's projecting.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That's really what I find so amusing - he doesn't notice the disconnect, the huge logical inconsistencies in his own position.
              The anger consumed him so much that he would sell the country to Putin, just in spite of it

Comment

That's really what I find so amusing - he doesn't notice the disconnect, the huge logical inconsistencies in his own position. But this whole thing of projecting that the people who take the piss out of him are in some way :tantrum in impotent rage? That's weird.

Perhaps he's projecting.
                Stop being so logicocentrist. 'Alternative logic' is the preferred term.

Actually, Jog On has some interesting things to say now and then, so he's much better that the common or garden CUK Brexiteer cretins.

Comment

You said:

That is not what oPM said. But the divergence is telling for the reasons that outlined in the post above.

E.g. tell people that Turkey is joining the EU, and some people will believe it is true because it resonates. Tell people that the UK sends 350 million per week to the EU
                  and it resonates with some people. That is one of the way that propaganda works.
                  What I said and what OPM said is really really simple. What resonates with people and what people choose to believe/not believe drives how they vote and how many followers certain fringes get.

The laws of online attention are quite harsh - if you've ever done any online marketing or advertising you'll know this.

I know you're splitting hairs and looking for an angle to try and turn RT news articles into Nazi dog youtube videos and trying to make it look like I've got some subvertive, nefarious agenda to try and pull the wool over people's eyes. All you're doing is avoiding the simple and painful truth that the majority of the population voted the way they did on informed decisions with access to both sides of the story. They were not duped by propaganda or fake news - if anything they voted against propaganda and threats from the other side - that is who you should be angry with.

The sooner you accept this and move on the happier you will be. Still if you have to keep playing the SJW card and 'call people out' then whatever. Won't change anything

Comment

Perhaps he's projecting.
                    No actual points to refute then? OK....

Comment

Stop being so logicocentrist. 'Alternative logic' is the preferred term.

Actually, Jog On has some interesting things to say now and then, so he's much better that the common or garden CUK Brexiteer cretins.
                      Well Thank you and I do appreciate that. Actual discourse based on points of an argument are much more entertaining than the name calling we see most threads descend into. I'm sure I'm guilty of it myself but usually ry and hold out as long as possible!

Comment

Working...
                      X