• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freedom of speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    What I said and what OPM said is really really simple. What resonates with people and what people choose to believe/not believe drives how they vote and how many followers certain fringes get.

The laws of online attention are quite harsh - if you've ever done any online marketing or advertising you'll know this.

I know you're splitting hairs and looking for an angle to try and turn RT news articles into Nazi dog youtube videos and trying to make it look like I've got some subvertive, nefarious agenda to try and pull the wool over people's eyes. All you're doing is avoiding the simple and painful truth that the majority of the population voted the way they did on informed decisions with access to both sides of the story. They were not duped by propaganda or fake news - if anything they voted against propaganda and threats from the other side - that is who you should be angry with.

The sooner you accept this and move on the happier you will be. Still if you have to keep playing the SJW card and 'call people out' then whatever. Won't change anything
    1. That's not what oPM said.
    2. Stop virtue signalling.

Comment

Well Thank you and I do appreciate that. Actual discourse based on points of an argument are much more entertaining than the name calling we see most threads descend into. I'm sure I'm guilty of it myself but usually ry and hold out as long as possible!
      You just called me an SJW, which is of course a ridiculous neo-Nazi propagandist term.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Far-right Facebook groups 'spreading hate to millions in Europe' | World news | The Guardian

Mor On will come in a bit to explain the importance of spreading white supremacy and fake news in General
        Are we now saying that talking about something we may disagree with can cause hate. Lets start with religion, I can't think of anything that has done more to promote division and hate than religion. So lets ban religion.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Are we now saying that talking about something we may disagree with can cause hate. Lets start with religion, I can't think of anything that has done more to promote division and hate than religion.
          MF? Everyone hates him.

Comment

No actual points to refute then? OK....
            Well, if you'd make some that have at least some tenuous relation to logical reasoning I might. But no evidence of that so far.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Are we now saying that talking about something we may disagree with can cause hate. Lets start with religion, I can't think of anything that has done more to promote division and hate than religion.
              I'd suggest that tribalism is the root cause. Obviously that manifests with conflict between people holding different belief systems, but certainly not always. The Rwandan genocide, for example.

Talking about tribalism certainly doesn't engender hate. Saying my tribe is better than yours, or your tribe is a danger to mine is what does that. White supremacy at base, does both.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I'd suggest that tribalism is the root cause? Obviously that manifests with conflict between people holding different belief systems, but certainly not always. The Rwandan genocide, for example.
                I would say that religion is just about control and power and that's a very human thing. Regardless, I want it banned because I don't agree with it.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Well, if you'd make some that have at least some tenuous relation to logical reasoning I might. But no evidence of that so far.
                  So that's a no then
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I would say that religion is just about control and power and that's a very human thing. Regardless, I want it banned because I don't agree with it.
                    Sorry - edited it to give fuller reasoning and to actually ask the question you were asking.

Comment

So that's a no then
                      Correct. You made no coherent points at all. So rebuttal or support wasn't really an option. HTH.

Comment

Working...
                      X