• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freedom of speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Are we now saying that talking about something we may disagree with can cause hate. Lets start with religion, I can't think of anything that has done more to promote division and hate than religion. So lets ban religion.
    That is the central point of the SJW/snowflake 'argument'. That and name calling. best just leave them to it.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      That is the central point of the SJW/snowflake 'argument'. That and name calling. best just leave them to it.
      Bravo, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Bravo, sir!
        True though isn't it - are we actually agreeing on something?!
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

True though isn't it - are we actually agreeing on something?!
          No, I was just admiring what you did there with the name-calling remark. Here goes:

I disagree with shouting antisemitic abuse at Jewish people in the street.

I disagree with the television licence.

I see them as quite different when it comes to 'hatred'. You need to try harder.

Comment

No, I was just admiring what you did there with the name-calling remark. Here goes:

I disagree with shouting antisemitic abuse at Jewish people in the street.

I disagree with the television licence.

I see them as quite different when it comes to 'hatred'. You need to try harder.
            Not sure what you mean by the name calling remark - unless you think that by referring to snowflakes and SJWs I was resorting to name calling instead of talking about the actual points being discussed?

I can see the difference between anti-semitism and TV licenses - quite different things. Bit like RT news articles and Nazi dog Youtube videos don't you agree?

Comment

Not sure what you mean by the name calling remark - unless you think that by referring to snowflakes and SJWs I was resorting to name calling instead of talking about the actual points being discussed?
              Don't tell me that wasn't deliberate.

I can see the difference between anti-semitism and TV licenses - quite different things. Bit like RT news articles and Nazi dog Youtube videos don't you agree?
              Depends if it's an RT Nazi dog video article.

Comment

Don't feed the trolls
                Don't argue with Mor Ons

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Don't feed the trolls
                  Don't argue with Mor Ons

HTH
                  Stop being such a name-calling SJW snowflake.

Comment

Stop being such a name-calling SJW snowflake.
                    He's not he's a fookin moron

Comment

He's not he's a fookin moron
                      Stop virtue signalling.

Comment

Working...
                      X