• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I blame google

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Never mind I can't find my way to my local pub without a sat nav.
    Being unable to find your way back is normal - even to be expected. But being unable to find your way there - you need serious help.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Never mind I can't find my way to my local pub without a sat nav
      Time to get worried is when you need your satnav to find your front door.

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        My spelling in recent years has gone down hill. I can't spell the simplest of things without resulting to spell checks and I blame google.

As a programmer I spend 95% of my time trying to find code to cut and paste, so I spend all day typing misspelled words and google magically understands and corrects me. But now I can't even type a simple sentence without at least two or three spelling mistakes.

Never mind I can't find my way to my local pub without a sat nav.

Is technology diminishing us as human being?
        nah, - it's just you

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Being unable to find your way back is normal - even to be expected. But being unable to find your way there - you need serious help.
          I remember the days I could sniff out a pub from a few miles away.

As a youngster of 19 years old visiting Canada, a group of us managed to walk two hours before finding a bar. We didn’t really appreciate how big Canada is and how small England is.

Plus Liverpool has a pub on every corner.

Comment

Working...
          X