• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starting new contract ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely CUK is The Real World.

The rest is simply an illusion.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Good call. I had heard that one of the management team voted out .... first time he argues with me in a board mtg, he's getting the full creamy gunk in his face!

so like you subbing for NLyUK on Saturday night as usual?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Leave the lambo at home, borrow your local chav's beaten up Astra and park it sideways opposite the entrance after losing control on entry to the car park trying to do a J turn. If you can find out which is the CEO's car ahead of time, you get extra points for blocking it in/smashing into it.

Make sure your suit is extra shiny (a visit to the chip shop will help) and leave your flies undone.

Comment

How long do you think it will take you to get all 5 stars?

Comment

Don’t get into a tea round, more stress that it’s worth.

Comment

Be enthusiastic and positive that you can deliver the product.

Most permies are overwhelmed with a sense of failure and indifference, at the very least you will amuse them.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                ... on Tuesday. Heading into client office for initial meetings, get to know yous etc.

Finished last role end of March. Might be a bit rusty. What advice can the experienced contractors on here give me?
                Don't get settled, they'll soon realise they've hired a fuqwit.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Shake their hands, ask 'and what do you do?', don't listen to their babble and move onto the next person. Worked for me for over 70 years.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    Don’t get into a tea round, more stress that it’s worth.
                    This is the best contracting advice I've read on CUK. Somebody should write a book on contracting with this title.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      This is the best contracting advice I've read on CUK. Somebody should write a book on contracting with this title.
                      Its pro bab ly the on ly thing you have whol ly read, it being all single syl la bles?
                      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                      X