• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starting new contract ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting new contract ...

... on Tuesday. Heading into client office for initial meetings, get to know yous etc.

Finished last role end of March. Might be a bit rusty. What advice can the experienced contractors on here give me?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    ... on Tuesday. Heading into client office for initial meetings, get to know yous etc.

Finished last role end of March. Might be a bit rusty. What advice can the experienced contractors on here give me?
    Bring a milkshake in case it kicks off.

Comment

If it's with a city bank, bring a mask to prevent you from breathing in cocaine when you go to the loo.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        If it's with a city bank, bring a mask to prevent you from breathing in cocaine when you go to the loo.
        That is terrible advice.

Comment

What advice can the experienced contractors on here give me?
          Walk in confidently on your first day and start taking names in your notebook....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Bring a milkshake in case it kicks off.
            Good call. I had heard that one of the management team voted out .... first time he argues with me in a board mtg, he's getting the full creamy gunk in his face!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              It is financial services but not banking - I think they're still into lager and pinot

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                Walk in confidently on your first day and start taking names in your notebook....
                I genuinely want one of those Superb

Comment

I genuinely want one of those Superb
                  I have an Arya's List.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I have an Arya's List.
                    I bet you need 2 lists ... one for the real world, and one just for CUK

Comment

Working...
                    X