• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official EU results thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Perhaps Brexit should be voted on by whole of Europe? I reckon most of Europe wants us gone.
    Yes, I suspect so. They want rid of the UK more than the UK is trying to go.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      And if 2nd referendum is not leave, the UK will keep voting until it does.
      And then it gets overturned by Parliament.

FTFY
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Even the Telegraph gets it... (and that's saying something)

"The Lib Dems, Greens, Plaid and Change UK - all backers of a second referendum - collectively gained the support of 40.3 per cent of the public in England and Wales, against no-dealers Ukip and the Brexit Party's collective 36.7 per cent."

And of course in Scotland the SNP absolutely stormed it.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

In 2016, 17.4million voted for Brexit. In 2019 it was 5.8million.
          Have 11.6million died, changed their minds, or decided it’s not important?

Or, to put it in percentages, 66% of Brexit voters no longer voted for Brexit.

Comment

Weeeeeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              And then it gets overturned by Parliament.

FTFY

Its the EU way or the highway -oops!

I mean keep voting till we get it right.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Weeeeeeee!

If the majority government, vote for by people too ashamed to admit it, wanted to leave, then why haven't we?

It's almost like the Conservatives and Unionists don't have a plan, but still get the votes.

Comment

I don't understand this new adding-up the votes of multiple parties business and then claiming the losers won. It's the kind of nonsense I expect from my toddler daughter but I let her have it because, well she's a child. What's your excuse?

There was only one "one-issue" party on the ballot, the rest cannot be totalled to mean the opposite. The low turnout does show a certain amount of Brexit fatigue and political disinterest in the EU as a whole, I think that is all that can be inferred.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                    I don't understand this new adding-up the votes of multiple parties business and then claiming the losers won. It's the kind of nonsense I expect from my toddler daughter but I let her have it because, well she's a child. What's your excuse?

There was only one "one-issue" party on the ballot, the rest cannot be totalled to mean the opposite. The low turnout does show a certain amount of Brexit fatigue and political disinterest in the EU as a whole, I think that is all that can be inferred.
                    Come now, how would that fit anyone's rhetoric?

Of course those who didn't vote for the "Brexit Party" (including those that didn't vote at all) want to remain, obvious, init?

Please leave facts out of this, it is after all, "General".
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      In 2016, 17.4million voted for Brexit. In 2019 it was 5.8million.
                      Have 11.6million died, changed their minds, or decided it’s not important?

Or, to put it in percentages, 66% of Brexit voters no longer voted for Brexit.
                      Or maybe they decided the EU is undemocratic is abstained....

Comment

Working...
                      X