Contractor Mortgage Contractor Mortgage - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 17 of 17

Contractor Among Contractors

Yorkie62 is NOT a disguised employee

Last year when I wanted to raise some funds for building work ( I had no mortgage at the time) I went direct to my personal bank, Halifax. Easy and understanding of a contractor and offered far more than I wanted to borrow at a good rate too.

Super poster

kaiser78 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Last year when I wanted to raise some funds for building work ( I had no mortgage at the time) I went direct to my personal bank, Halifax. Easy and understanding of a contractor and offered far more than I wanted to borrow at a good rate too.
    That's what I did too earlier this year. Halifax base lending on turnover and not sal/divs only.
    Don't use L&C as they were cr*p.

Double Godlike!

ladymuck has reached the peak. Play again?

I've heard in various places that Halifax are really quite contractor friendly. I guess it helps to have a banking relationship with them but it's not entirely necessary.

Super poster

kaiser78 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I've heard in various places that Halifax are really quite contractor friendly. I guess it helps to have a banking relationship with them but it's not entirely necessary.
    You don't need a banking relationship with them at all. Just proof of contract with at least 2 months to run I think it is. You don't even need to provide previous years accounts.

More time posting than coding

fool is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser78 View Post
    You don't need a banking relationship with them at all. Just proof of contract with at least 2 months to run I think it is. You don't even need to provide previous years accounts.
    Pretty much this, just show them the contract and you should be good.

More time posting than coding

fiisch is a permanent contractor

Halifax love a contractor.

Borrowed 4.5x contractor income (assumed 48 weeks) 2 months after going contracting. All they needed was evidence of at least a month left to run when the offer was made and convincing that I had prior experience in the same line of work.

Mortgaged to the hilt with eye-watering payments - pre-credit crunch careless lending is back!

Super poster

GhostofTarbera - scorchio!

Default Contractor Mortgage

Quote Originally Posted by fiisch View Post
    Halifax love a contractor.

Borrowed 4.5x contractor income (assumed 48 weeks) 2 months after going contracting. All they needed was evidence of at least a month left to run when the offer was made and convincing that I had prior experience in the same line of work.

Mortgaged to the hilt with eye-watering payments - pre-credit crunch careless lending is back!
    Nice one

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum