• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year when I wanted to raise some funds for building work ( I had no mortgage at the time) I went direct to my personal bank, Halifax. Easy and understanding of a contractor and offered far more than I wanted to borrow at a good rate too.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Last year when I wanted to raise some funds for building work ( I had no mortgage at the time) I went direct to my personal bank, Halifax. Easy and understanding of a contractor and offered far more than I wanted to borrow at a good rate too.
      That's what I did too earlier this year. Halifax base lending on turnover and not sal/divs only.
      Don't use L&C as they were cr*p.

Comment

I've heard in various places that Halifax are really quite contractor friendly. I guess it helps to have a banking relationship with them but it's not entirely necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I've heard in various places that Halifax are really quite contractor friendly. I guess it helps to have a banking relationship with them but it's not entirely necessary.
          You don't need a banking relationship with them at all. Just proof of contract with at least 2 months to run I think it is. You don't even need to provide previous years accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            You don't need a banking relationship with them at all. Just proof of contract with at least 2 months to run I think it is. You don't even need to provide previous years accounts.
            Pretty much this, just show them the contract and you should be good.

Comment

Halifax love a contractor.

Borrowed 4.5x contractor income (assumed 48 weeks) 2 months after going contracting. All they needed was evidence of at least a month left to run when the offer was made and convincing that I had prior experience in the same line of work.

Mortgaged to the hilt with eye-watering payments - pre-credit crunch careless lending is back!

Comment

Contractor Mortgage

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
                Halifax love a contractor.

Borrowed 4.5x contractor income (assumed 48 weeks) 2 months after going contracting. All they needed was evidence of at least a month left to run when the offer was made and convincing that I had prior experience in the same line of work.

Mortgaged to the hilt with eye-watering payments - pre-credit crunch careless lending is back!
                Nice one

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                X