• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children whitening skin to avoid racial hate crime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I remember in physics class the teacher asked 'what is speed?'

I was the swot, arm shot up in the air. Teacher would say, do I have to ask Scooter. Ever other pupil be like 'how fast something goes?' No! 'now please would someone tell me!' exclaims the teacher. Eventually I was asked 'The rate of movement' - Thank you Scooter, says the teacher.

'You're getting it afters' I would hear across the way from those that picked on me, and that was typical experience for giving the answers the teachers wanted to hear. Gwd I hated school.

sad the teachers used you as a threat but we can understand it.

Be good or the Spooter will come. eek

You would of thought they would have encourage lesser answers and talked to you quietly to negotiate a level of questions or a signal when you could answer, that is what the decent teachers did with me.

I didn't get you will get it later, because I was one of the tallest & scariest blokes in school.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I was one of the tallest & scariest blokes in school.
      Believe me, it did not go unnoticed....

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        sad the teachers used you as a threat but we can understand it.

Be good or the Spooter will come. eek

You would of thought they would have encourage lesser answers and talked to you quietly to negotiate a level of questions or a signal when you could answer, that is what the decent teachers did with me.

I didn't get you will get it later, because I was one of the tallest & scariest blokes in school.
        FFS
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

NSPCC taking time out from stoping fathers seeing their kids.

Comment

Before you read on, I'm not saying that I don't believe that the NSPCC have received calls of this type.

What I find hard to believe in these days of positive role-models of all ethnicities that the "Skin Whitening" and bullying because a person's skin is darker than another's is a real thing.

If anything, a person's skin being lighter than another's has been cause for bullying.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I wonder if any of the kids in the initial article ever stop and think that maybe they are being bullied because they are actually ******* - and the kids are just using the colour of the skin as a way of getting at them?

It's like we had an annoying ****** in our class who was ginger - so he was called a ginger **** - not really because he was ginger but more because he was a **** - so it was not the colour of his hair that was the problem.

Just asking like.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                Only from my own experiences. During my own school days it was the reason for about 90% of the bullying and my daughter's school was losing kids on a regular basis. I made a formal complaint to the governors about it so hunted down all the parents who had withdrawn their children during our time with the school (excluding those who simply left the area) to canvass reasons for leaving. All of them were swots who were excluded or bullied for it. I'm not saying it's the only reason but I have found it to be a major problem and one that nobody seems willing to tackle or discuss openly.
                totally agree. However, because of the primeval part of us, anything which singles out an individual from the crowd is likely to result in bullying.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I remember in physics class the teacher asked 'what is speed?'

I was the swot, arm shot up in the air. Teacher would say, do I have to ask Scooter. Ever other pupil be like 'how fast something goes?' No! 'now please would someone tell me!' exclaims the teacher. Eventually I was asked 'The rate of movement' - Thank you Scooter, says the teacher.

'You're getting it afters' I would hear across the way from those that picked on me, and that was typical experience for giving the answers the teachers wanted to hear. Gwd I hated school.
                  You sure it wasn't just because you are a twat?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    You sure it wasn't just because you are a twat?
                    I keep saying that twats are useful and desirable

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                      I keep saying that twats are useful and desirable
                      If that's how you wish to justify your existence then fill your boots.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X