• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mechanical Keyboards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanical Keyboards

I much prefer using mechanical keyboards whilst coding. My trusty Qpad with cherry mx blues is finally dying after seven years of service but unfortunately the company seems to be dead too.

I've just got a Das Keyboard 5q which must be the best keyboard I've ever used (although crazily expensive), I'd certainly recommend it for long periods of typing but I need another to use at client co. (can't type on a laptop for long hours) and was wondering if anyone has experience of the corsair K70 RBG?

Can this be moved to the secretarial thread?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Can this be moved to the secretarial thread?

You have a secretary to type in your code? Now why didn't I think of that?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        Outsourcing. You should try it...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

No, but I have the STRAFE RGB w/ MX Silent switches. Love it. The RGB needs to be toned down, though, if you don't want a migraine (easy to set a bland, solid, colour)

Comment

I hate my £3500 Nacbook pro butterfly keyboard. What the hell were they thinking?

Still have the 2012 retina Macbook pro, the keyboard travel is divine.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I hate my £3500 Nacbook pro butterfly keyboard. What the hell were they thinking?

Still have the 2012 retina Macbook pro, the keyboard travel is divine.
              There's a prick, let's screw him for £3500.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

You actually write code rather than sit in endless agile meetings talking about bollox?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  No, but I have the STRAFE RGB w/ MX Silent switches. Love it. The RGB needs to be toned down, though, if you don't want a migraine (easy to set a bland, solid, colour)
                  Looks good but there's too much light-bleed around the keys which makes it harder to see the symbols on the keys, which I need to see in my periphery as my typing is not so slick. I wish they wouldn't do that with these gaming keyboards, Qpad got this just right.

Comment

Looks good but there's too much light-bleed around the keys which makes it harder to see the symbols on the keys, which I need to see in my periphery as my typing is not so slick. I wish they wouldn't do that with these gaming keyboards, Qpad got this just right.
                    It's actually pretty minimal with a solid white, which comes out more soft grey/green. You can also turn it off altogether - the iCUE software is pretty good. But, yeah, I'm with you on their going over the top. It's all a bit clownshoe. Would definitely buy again, although I also like the Das Keyboards.

Comment

Working...
                    X