• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ann Widdecombe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I wish I had been gay. No children wrecking my life.
    What about that one time, at band camp?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      What about that one time, at band camp?
      With Old Smeg?

Not human so does not count......

Comment

Most woman are bi (90%+)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Bumming churchy every time you've had a few pints makes you at least bi.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Bumming churchy every time you've had a few pints makes you at least bi.
            Bitter?

Comment

It would be just horrible if people wanted to change their sexuality and science could provide an answer. Wouldn't it?

She did not, at least in the quote given (and the article certainly would have quoted her if she had), say or even imply that sexuality should be changed. But the activists will rant and rave and say all kinds of nasty things about her (vile, sick, poisonous) whilst accusing her of 'hate'. Simply because she suggested science may someday be able to help people who want to change their sexuality.

The activists want people who would like to change to be stuck forever. They don't want science to help them. They don't want there to be any possibility of changing sexuality. It's quite interesting and bizarre.

Comment

Ann Widdecombe

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                It would be just horrible if people wanted to change their sexuality and science could provide an answer. Wouldn't it?
                Sure. If there was a clamour for it from gay people. Funnily enough, the ones that are “just asking” whether science has a solution tend to be straight.

She did not, at least in the quote given (and the article certainly would have quoted her if she had), say or even imply that sexuality should be changed. But the activists will rant and rave and say all kinds of nasty things about her (vile, sick, poisonous) whilst accusing her of 'hate'. Simply because she suggested science may someday be able to help people who want to change their sexuality.
                It’s called “context”. Her comments are not in isolation, they are part of a long history of voting against equality. She hasn’t “simply suggested” anything, she has a long and verifiable history.

Voting record - Ann Widdecombe, former MP, Maidstone and The Weald - TheyWorkForYou

The activists want people who would like to change to be stuck forever. They don't want science to help them. They don't want there to be any possibility of changing sexuality. It's quite interesting and bizarre.
                “The activists” want nothing of the sort. They want people who would like to change gender to have access to medical and psychological facilities. For science to help them.

I know that you mean “gay people that don’t want to be gay any more”, but think about how ludicrous that sounds if you reverse it - “straight people that don’t want to be straight any more”. Under what feasible circumstances do you think a person could be sitting there and thinking, “I don’t want to be straight any more, instead of just being gay I need science to help me to turn gay”.

Bizarre indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Bitter?
                  Probably with a lemonade top.

Comment

Widdecombe to cure gayness using magnets

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      ... Under what feasible circumstances do you think a person could be sitting there and thinking, “I don’t want to be straight any more,
                      Some of the divorced on this forum? "I've bloody had it with women. I wish I found men attractive instead."
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X