• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ann Widdecombe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    OK - I'm no fan of AW.

But

a) How she looks is really not a factor. She's an elderly woman, her purpose is not to give you a semi.

b) Is she saying science might explain homosexuality? Which is quite different from suggesting it should be fixed?
    As per the article, it was a response to her position on gay conversion therapy. So, suggesting it “could” be fixed.

Her suggestion that it “should” be fixed is another conversation.

Odd that she depends on science for gay conversion, but denies it for climate change. Or maybe not so odd, she is a B****** after all.

Comment

Will science tell uas why you fancy squirrels?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        As per the article, it was a response to her position on gay conversion therapy. So, suggesting it “could” be fixed.

Her suggestion that it “should” be fixed is another conversation.
        Ah, ok. In that case, as you were

Comment

If science would find some way to turn gay people into hetero,I wonder how many would actually use it

Comment

https://newsthump.com/2019/06/03/scientists-may-one-day-discover-cure-for-being-ann-widdecombe/
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Ah, another episode of Perl-clutching horror because somebody somewhere has a differing opinion to yourself. Not as if anyone is suggesting any kind of coercion.

If only we had known in the '80s that by 2019 the centre-left would be even worse than Mary Whitehouse.

Interestingly there is currently a scientific train of thought that even questions whether we have any free will at all and that almost everything about our nature is in our DNA. In which case Atw simply can't help himself and all these posts are pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                OK - I'm no fan of AW.

But

a) How she looks is really not a factor. She's an elderly woman, her purpose is not to give you a semi.

b) Is she saying science might explain homosexuality? Which is quite different from suggesting it should be fixed?
                Hmm, re (b), maybe, although the phrase "produce an answer" is only a hair's breadth from "provide a solution", which would imply it is a problem to be solved.

UKIPers and Brexiters should be aware and constantly vigilant that interviewers will be deliberately asking them contentious questions, craftily customised to match their supposed controversial views, to try and discredit them. It sounds like she has fallen foul of this.
                Last edited by OwlHoot; 3 June 2019, 09:36.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  If science would find some way to turn gay people into hetero,I wonder how many would actually use it
                  Or vice versa.

But why must it be a binary choice? Why not a continuum? Some people firmly hetero, some people firmly homo, some people mostly one, but occasionally plays around with the other, and some bisexual.

Has science really established that sexuality is fixed? Or is it just convenient for activists to assume it is? And does it matter so long as people aren't executed for it or otherwise persecuted or discriminated against?

Sexual and gender politics is dominated by neo-marxist ideology. The facts don't matter.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    I wish I had been gay. No children wrecking my life.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I wish I had been gay. No children wrecking my life.
                      You'd be better dressed as well.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X