• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ann Widdecombe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racism is not all black and white (Pun intended). There was an article recently where an Asian lady had a Skin condition which effectively made her white. She was racially abused by her (Asian) 'class mates' at school.

Comment

Maybe political views are linked to genetics. Bit of genetic engineering and we could get rid of the lefties.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
        Racism is not all black and white (Pun intended). There was an article recently where an Asian lady had a Skin condition which effectively made her white. She was racially abused by her (Asian) 'class mates' at school.
        Plenty of "non-whites" are as racist as any member of the BNP and their ilk.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Plenty of "non-whites" are as racist as any member of the BNP and their ilk
          Quite true. All humans have the same failings.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I think you'll find everyone is racist, left, right, white, brown, yellow, male, female...and so on. Even if they deny it, someone will be able to prove it to their own criteria of what racist is
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              I think you'll find everyone is racist, left, right, white, brown, yellow, male, female...and so on. Even if they deny it, someone will be able to prove it to their own criteria of what racist is
              Which rather makes the anti-racism industry rather pointless and hypocritical don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                Which rather makes the anti-racism industry rather pointless and hypocritical don't you think?
                No. Everyone is slightly racist. Some people are xenophobic hate-filled Only the part of the anti-racism "industry" that try to tackle the former are pointless and hypocritical.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  No. Everyone is slightly racist. Some people are xenophobic hate-filled Only the part of the anti-racism "industry" that try to tackle the former are pointless and hypocritical.
                  The virtue is strong in this one!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    The Bullsh1t is strong in this one!
                    ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Leave trans for a minute.

Here is the thing to consider: if science could make black people white and gay people straight, what would be the result? What would religious fundamentalists, fascists, Leninists and other extremists do with this technology? It is within the context of 'conversion therapy' and Iranian government forced mutilation of gay men etc. that Widecombe has faced such criticism.

Trans is different. This is about people feeling they are born into the wrong body. Not that they feel ashamed.

And I'm sorry for being sarcastic. I misunderstood your intent.
                      Thank you for the thoughtful response.

Misuse of scientific capability is a problem, of course. But hysterectomies and vasectomies could be abused by racists in a campaign of ethnic cleansing, right? Just about any technology can be abused. If we shut down technology advances because they could be abused by extremists we're back to the Dark Ages.

My family member wants to know why the NHS is willing to do all kinds of things for trans people but won't even do any research for his case, and why anyone who even suggests maybe science could find a way to do something for him is castigated and ostracised. There's no hope on the scientific front, since even if something could be possible it will never be developed for political, rather than scientific or medical reasons. So now he's talking about going off to some religious camp for six months. Not much hope that will end well. At least he's stopped talking about suicide, but I'm not sure whether that's because he's stopped thinking about it or just because he knows it upsets his family.

I think this probably isn't the forum for me to say anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X