• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

5th interview, thank but no thanks.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Any more than 2 interviews walk away. Chances are it is either:

1. Really a permie job.
    2. Smoke and mirrors.
    Wise words The old man had three interviews once and he couldn't walk or tulip straight for a fortnight.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      i feel sorry for your cat.
      it's bollox just get bigger and bigger.

I have a new stalker Was a time when Spuddy stalked my every post, now it's Captain Loser . I must be doing something right that they feel they have to respond to my every utterance
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Anyone who needs 15 interviews to reject you isn't worth working for.
        Indeed they detect you are a dead weight after one!

3 interview tops if they haven't put out I am wasting my time. Fortune 500 & FTSE 100 may have 4. Though most of those hire me on one.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

5th interview, thank but no thanks.
          No point taking any unnecessary risks....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Wise words The old man had three interviews once and he couldn't walk or tulip straight for a fortnight.
            they weren't interviews he was giving it away for free.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              I have a new stalker Was a time when Spuddy stalked my every post, now it's Captain Loser . I must be doing something right that they feel they have to respond to my every utterance
              BR14 is Spuddy's off-brand sockie.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Indeed they detect you are a dead weight after one!
                Maybe so.

I don't do interviews anymore. When a contract is coming to an end, I just do a ring round my contacts and see what contract work is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  BR14 is Spuddy's off-brand sockie.
                  Talking of PuppetMasters, where is sassy?

Still recovering from that operation to remove your tongue from his bottom?

Comment

Best gigs always have the shortest interview process...
                    My best gigs inc this one have been 10 min chats in the canteen.

Worse ones are when you've got a panel of 5-6 offshore people on a phone interview trying to impress each other with the most obscure tech question.

Also worse ones are phone interviews where the interview doesn't phone you on time. Had a few of these. Last one was arranged for 1230pm or something (last few weeks at client site) so I could not be at my desk. Didnt call but called at 3pm. Then got arsey with agent that I hadn't bothered to answer the phone to conduct the interview. Jeez....
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

There are other extremes.

For my current gig they didn't want to interview me at all. Fine with my CV.

I was quite worried and wanted to meet the client myself but it all worked out fine.

Funny old world, contracting.

Comment

Working...
                      X