• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

5th interview, thank but no thanks.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Worse ones are when you've got a panel of 5-6 offshore people on a phone interview trying to impress each other with the most obscure tech question.
    I had something similar, asking Google interview questions like "if a man takes. . I declined to answer. They asked another, I declined again. They then told me only 5% of the population could get the answer correct.

On the way out I met someone I knew and he told me the last release to customers crashed on start-up.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Stupidest interview I ever had they had a list of (cant remember now) 50 questions split into 5 categories.

One category I made no claim on my CV to have ANY knowledge of and they knew that. I did mention it.

So I did it anyway, questions were easy - apart from the subject I had no idea. I scored 41 somehow - must have had a few lucky guests.

Agency phoned me. Sorry really unlucky the gig went to someone who had 42. Weird.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        I had something similar, asking Google interview questions like "if a man takes. . I declined to answer. They asked another, I declined again. They then told me only 5% of the population could get the answer correct.

On the way out I met someone I knew and he told me the last release to customers crashed on start-up.
        I had 8 people from an offshore company doing a phone interview. All 8 of them were asking stupid questions. Like "In solaris 8 what is xyz?" (we're on Solaris 11 these days). This was supposed to be a 30 min chat - it went on for an 90 mins same old rubbish. In the end, I had enough, disconnected the call without warning and thought "bugger that".

Comment

Stupidest interview I ever had they had a list of (cant remember now) 50 questions split into 5 categories.

One category I made no claim on my CV to have ANY knowledge of and they knew that. I did mention it.

So I did it anyway, questions were easy - apart from the subject I had no idea. I scored 41 somehow - must have had a few lucky guests.

Agency phoned me. Sorry really unlucky the gig went to someone who had 42. Weird.
          1. What's your name?

2. Do you prefer red or blue?

49. Do your best support monkey telephone voice.

50. Did you think this was a real job?

51. Which is harder: cache invalidation, naming things or off-by-one?

Comment

I remember my last interview for a contract. I asked them how much per day and it seemed a good answer. So I said I will work with them and they thanked me. I like to think I'm interviewing them.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I remember my last interview for a contract. I asked them how much per day and it seemed a good answer. So I said I will work with them and they thanked me. I like to think I'm interviewing them.
              We're not worthy!!!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                1. What's your name?

2. Do you prefer red or blue?

49. Do your best support monkey telephone voice.

50. Did you think this was a real job?

51. Which is harder: cache invalidation, naming things or off-by-one?
                James - I'm sure you are Old Gregs sockie.....

As I always tell NLUK - if it makes you happy to believe these things, then who am I to take away you're fun.

Comment

James - I'm sure you are Old Gregs sockie.....

As I always tell NLUK - if it makes you happy to believe these things, then who am I to take away you're fun.
                  Next, you’ll be telling us that you’re not a benefits cheat and you don’t live in a caravan on a sheep farm!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Next, you’ll be telling us that you’re not a benefits cheat and you don’t live in a caravan on a sheep farm!
                    He's only a benefit cheat if he gets convicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      He's only a benefit cheat if he gets convicted.
                      If a tree falls in a forest and hits PC on the head, does it make a sound?

Comment

Working...
                      X