• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

5th interview, thank but no thanks.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    I've had a couple of calls recently where I have every single skill they want including all the bonus ones, except for one skill that's [semi-major skill]. I tell them that I don't have [semi-major skill] but they insist the client is fine with that as the person can learn on the job.

I am skeptical but what the hell, I have a phone interview, they really like me and I mention that I don't have [semi-major skill] but that's fine, they want a F2F...

I have the F2F, goes really well, then a week of silence I hear back that they really liked me but they needed [semi major skill] so they waited and eventually hired someone with it.

Why waste my goddamn time.

I could understand the pimp doing this but I specifically mentioned it to their tech guy that interviewed me on the phone.

In future I'll either outright lie about having [semi-major skill] and just wing it or just say no thanks.
    Its the "WANTED: Van driver. Must have experience of driving red vans" thing again....

I think there is mindset with some clients that "Im paying a shedload here I want someone with ALL the skills for that money!"
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      I think there is mindset with some clients that "Im paying a shedload here I want someone with ALL the skills for that money!"
      But not your client it seems.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        They get what they pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          They're remunerating PC?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            psychocandy at work....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              psychocandy at work....

You'd think they could supply proper office seating to Employment Support Advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                They're remunerating PC?
                Strictly speaking, it goes directly to repaying his hardship loan.

Comment

Its the "WANTED: Van driver. Must have experience of driving red vans" thing again....

It could also be symptomatic of hiring managers getting pestered by so many recruitment consultants that they get the HR Harpies to fend off the agency calls and vet the CVs first.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                  X