• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

5th interview, thank but no thanks.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    If a tree falls in a forest and hits PC on the head, does it make a sound?
    Is the forest owned by the Council? Where there's blame, there's a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I like to think I'm interviewing them.
      So you should. Any interview is a two way process. The trick is to get them to the point where they feel they'll lose out if they don't take you.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Is the forest owned by the Council? Where there's blame, there's a claim.
        Also, was it felled by the lady from the Jobcentre Plus in Port Talbot?

Comment

Also, was it felled by the lady from the Jobcentre Plus in Port Talbot?
          She ain't no lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            She ain't no lady.
            This is Wales.

Comment

Had the agent on the phone today, no not another interview, just a discussion on where you skills would best fit.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                Had the agent on the phone today, no not another interview, just a discussion on where you skills would best fit.
                Hmmmm....

Comment

Im amazed people will actually fall for this.

My rule was a telephone interview followed by an F2F if I liked the sound of the project from the TI or, a single F2F. If they couldnt make their minds up by that point, I made my own and moved on.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

This is Wales.

Farmer Sutra! Are gay rams really a problem in the sheep industry? | Environment | The Guardian

oops!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Stupidest interview I ever had they had a list of (cant remember now) 50 questions split into 5 categories.

One category I made no claim on my CV to have ANY knowledge of and they knew that. I did mention it.

So I did it anyway, questions were easy - apart from the subject I had no idea. I scored 41 somehow - must have had a few lucky guests.

Agency phoned me. Sorry really unlucky the gig went to someone who had 42. Weird.
                      I've had a couple of calls recently where I have every single skill they want including all the bonus ones, except for one skill that's [semi-major skill]. I tell them that I don't have [semi-major skill] but they insist the client is fine with that as the person can learn on the job.

I am skeptical but what the hell, I have a phone interview, they really like me and I mention that I don't have [semi-major skill] but that's fine, they want a F2F...

I have the F2F, goes really well, then a week of silence I hear back that they really liked me but they needed [semi major skill] so they waited and eventually hired someone with it.

Why waste my goddamn time.

I could understand the pimp doing this but I specifically mentioned it to their tech guy that interviewed me on the phone.

In future I'll either outright lie about having [semi-major skill] and just wing it or just say no thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X