• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors In The News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

BTW.. What the **** is going on with that tulip the kids have hanging out of their noses nowadays. I'm not particularly fussed about much of the stuff they do and think some of the inking people have isn't that bad but nose jewellery like that? Just no. We've got a girl here at the client with one and it just looks like she's got a booger hanging out of her nose. Everyone comments on it after meetings. Just looks awful.
    Thanks for mentioning that, I walked past a young lady with what looked like an enormous bogey hanging out of her nose this very morning.

I am now enlightened.

A bit.

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    It's those black circle things they stick in their earlobes I really don't get. After a while your earlobe becomes a droopy, dangly thing. Not a good look IMHO.

qh
    They do have uses.

A youth on the train yesterday had stashed his rollups in the lobe of his ear, so that was handy then.

He was an exceptionally ugly ginger fecker too, so it didn't affect his appearance over much.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It's those black circle things they stick in their earlobes I really don't get. After a while your earlobe becomes a droopy, dangly thing. Not a good look IMHO.

qh
      I agree but people with extreme modifications tend to hang around with their peer groups so they'll all look the same in time so not really fussed. The girl in the picture and reading her interests probably also hangs around with a peer group that I wouldn't tend to be interested in either but nose thing seems to be adopted by, dunno the term, less different social groups. I'll get slated for saying but it's been work by a more general peer group if that makes sense. Just like earrings rather than anything slightly more extreme modifications. I guess the same could be said for tattoos as well.

If I could have used the word 'normal' it would have been easier to explain but I don't think you are allowed to say that in this day and age are you?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

qh

Comment

I thought that was BP's ringpiece after each of his divorces.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            That's me off onion rings for life..
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              That's me off onion rings for life..
              And pork scratchings.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                Lady describes herself as:

Intersectional Feminist, LGBT+, accused crazy cat lady, body positive, striving for equality. Trying to educate myself daily. TERFS & SWERFs not welcome.
                In other words ugly, fat and angry.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  In other words ugly, fat and angry.
                  Just like a gammon! How ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Just like a gammon! How ironic.
                    Maybe one day I can be as woke as you.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      Maybe one day I can be as woke as you.
                      If it matters to you, keep on trying. But my advice would be to get on with your life, and try to treat people as you'd like to be treated.

Comment

Working...
                      X