• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dash cam footage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyres are a bit worn... Find out more about HY08 JNK - MINI MINI value, MOT history, tax and insurance details
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No wonder she was asking how much I thought it would cost to replace the rear bumper and diffuser (factory fit foldaway towbar bracket punched through my rear bumper and diffuser and also punched a hole in her front bumper). She didn't want to go through her insurance and wanted to settle privately.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        The benefits of having a rear dash cam as well as a forward lookingone. Watch the driver pick up their mobile phoneoff the dashboard about 10 seconds into the clip.

YouTube

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons
        Is that your recording?

Cycling around London, what amazes me is the number of people who don't strap their children in

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
          Is that your recording?

Cycling around London, what amazes me is the number of people who don't strap their children in
          Yes. I have the corresponding front facing camera footage as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            The benefits of having a rear dash cam as well as a forward lookingone. Watch the driver pick up their mobile phoneoff the dashboard about 10 seconds into the clip.

<removed>

What camera do you have?
            Last edited by administrator; 13 June 2019, 10:36. Reason: YouTube link removed as it was personally identifying information and the OP has is exercising his right to be forgotten...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

This. From Amazon

TOGUARD 【Upgraded 720P... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B9W29...p_mob_ap_share

Comment

Thing that pisses me off most about this is the insurance element of it. Even though you have clear evidence that the woman was 100% to blame if you go through insurance it is likely to be a black mark against you and some insurers may load you for it.
                There was a piece awhile ago that even if you ring certain insurers to ask if its worth claiming and they advise it isn't it can still affect your premium.

It's just ridiculous.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Thing that pisses me off most about this is the insurance element of it. Even though you have clear evidence that the woman was 100% to blame if you go through insurance it is likely to be a black mark against you and some insurers may load you for it.
                  There was a piece awhile ago that even if you ring certain insurers to ask if its worth claiming and they advise it isn't it can still affect your premium.

It's just ridiculous.
                  Insurance is great. Unless you have to make a claim.

Comment

They do have it all sewn up, especially the motor insurance ones.

They allow criminal gangs to purchase all the write-offs, they then steal your car (often violently) to take bits off it and put it on the write off to sell (in bits or cut and shut) on ebay or scumtree. Because of these thefts my premium has gone up.

And the circle continues, both Criminal gangs and insurers (one and the same really) are making £$£$£$£$£.

Take a Police force that is totally underfunded and a government blindsided on Brexit you have a thieves paradise.

/rantover

qh
                    Last edited by quackhandle; 6 June 2019, 12:49.
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

It's just ridiculous.
                      Have you ever tried that Avia app that monitors your driving and then tells you how much you can save by insuring your vehicle with Aviva. It is heavily loaded against driving during rush hour(s). Which infers that just by being on the road during certain times of the day, i.e. using your car for commuting to/from a place of work, you are a significantly higher risk than someone who drives a few hours later. Car Insurance is a con. Australia seems to have a better solution where you pay an annual fee (akin to road tax in the UK) and that includes your insurance. Everybody pays a similar amount regardless of what you drive and everyone shares the risk.

Comment

Working...
                      X