• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dash cam footage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Have you ever tried that Avia app that monitors your driving and then tells you how much you can save by insuring your vehicle with Aviva. It is heavily loaded against driving during rush hour(s). Which infers that just by being on the road during certain times of the day, i.e. using your car for commuting to/from a place of work, you are a significantly higher risk than someone who drives a few hours later. Car Insurance is a con. Australia seems to have a better solution where you pay an annual fee (akin to road tax in the UK) and that includes your insurance. Everybody pays a similar amount regardless of what you drive and everyone shares the risk.
    It will also monitor if I brake or accelerate hard or corner too quickly. Not good things you want monitored when you've a two seater sporty number
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      It will also monitor if I brake or accelerate hard or corner too quickly. Not good things you want monitored when you've a two seater sporty number
      Or even in a 300bhp, ~500nm torque suv

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons

Comment

So that's what you did with your midlife crisis!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          So that's what you did with your midlife crisis!
          Guilty....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

The benefits of having a rear dash cam as well as a forward lookingone. Watch the driver pick up their mobile phoneoff the dashboard about 10 seconds into the clip.

<removed>

That was a very small bump. I've been rammed from behind by a woman much harder than that
              Last edited by administrator; 13 June 2019, 10:36. Reason: YouTube link removed as it was personally identifying information and the OP has is exercising his right to be forgotten...

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                That was a very small bump. I've been rammed from behind by a woman much harder than that
                Forum avatar checks out.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Or even in a 300bhp, ~500nm torque suv
                  Or one that's faster, lighter and handles better.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Or one that's faster, lighter and handles better.
                    Got two that handle better and are lighter, and one that is significantly lighter, faster, and probably handles better albeit with half the number of wheels, and two more that are lighter, but probably neither faster or handle better.

Comment

Got two that handle better and are lighter, and one that is significantly lighter, faster, and probably handles better albeit with half the number of wheels, and two more that are lighter, but probably neither faster or handle better.
                      Oh, I'm talking about SUVs, not different types of vehicle.

Something under 1700kg, and I don't mean a rebadged Skoda.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X