• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

****ed 5 ways for one contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VAt Collect0r View Post
    I know

Jesus christ I was only asking if any other contractor out there had experienced more than the usual one or two ****ings-over by an agent prior to an interview.

I attempted to provide a taxonomy of ways-of-being-****ed-over, and wondered if any other contractors out there had experience all the ways in one *******, rather than the usual 2 or 3 ways the agent tries to **** you.

But you are the arbiter of what is a "cool story" or not so I'll leave you alone to enjoy your internet-based dialogues with yourself.

Unless someone is forcing you to read every thread an make your dull comments on it?
    seems overly fond of asterisks, this one.
    can't we move it to general? please?

Comment

Also given there is a lengthy thread called "agencies to avoid" I naturally concluded that my bad experience with an agency I think others should avoid might be of interest to my fellow contractors.

There were an awful lot of "cool stories, bro" in that thread, perhaps you should go and tell everyone off there as well? Send them all to the headteacher for daring to voice an opinion please, mr self-appointed head prefect!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        It is censoring the f-word.

I am trying to use the f-word metaphorically to describe a personal transaction where one party loses out financially - as in "I got f*cked over by my bank" doesn't literally mean a corporation tried to physically have intercourse with a human being.

I'm using the whore analogy because many English language users have described providing services for money thusly in the past including on this forum.

Is everyone on this forum a prefect in the sixth form at St. Holier-than-thous?

Comment

Also given there is a lengthy thread called "agencies to avoid" I naturally concluded that my bad experience with an agency I think others should avoid might be of interest to my fellow contractors.

There were an awful lot of "cool stories, bro" in that thread, perhaps you should go and tell everyone off there as well? Send them all to the headteacher for daring to voice an opinion please, mr self-appointed head prefect!
          still at school, then? does your mum know you're using her computer?

Comment

To make things easier for you, I'll move the thread to the fifth form.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              It's to replace a naughty word. So if we swap the f bomb to something that by passes the swear filter, like cuddled he would effectively been saying...

He was cuddled by the agent because he forgot to negotiate expenses but instead of realising this he blames him being cuddled by the agent instead of admitting it was his fault and he cuddled himself.

And now he's posted it he's getting a good cuddling from us as well.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

!
                So why didn't you post it in that thread?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

I have always been treated fairly and professionally be every agent and client.

But then I am a premium product. I can only guess you are somewhere marked down in the Smart Price section.

Comment

I know

Jesus christ I was only asking if any other contractor out there had experienced more than the usual one or two ****ings-over by an agent prior to an interview.

I attempted to provide a taxonomy of ways-of-being-****ed-over, and wondered if any other contractors out there had experience all the ways in one *******, rather than the usual 2 or 3 ways the agent tries to **** you.

But you are the arbiter of what is a "cool story" or not so I'll leave you alone to enjoy your internet-based dialogues with yourself.

Unless someone is forcing you to read every thread an make your dull comments on it?
                      any other contractor? - you obviously haven't a clue about contracting if you allowed this clusterfeck to happen.
                      or you're a troll.
                      either way you'd be better in a safe space like snowflakenet or some such.

YNCOTBAC!!

Comment

Working...
                      X