• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

****ed 5 ways for one contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VAt Collect0r View Post
    It is censoring the f-word.

I am trying to use the f-word metaphorically to describe a personal transaction where one party loses out financially - as in "I got f*cked over by my bank" doesn't literally mean a corporation tried to physically have intercourse with a human being.

I'm using the whore analogy because many English language users have described providing services for money thusly in the past including on this forum.

Is everyone on this forum a prefect in the sixth form at St. Holier-than-thous?
    Do you by chance possess a recumbent bicycle?

Oh and AtW wants to know if you shag on your first date, he's wary of investing too much into a potential relationship if you're not going to come across with the goods - so to speak.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

oh, i quite forgot.
      do you like gladiators?
      and can you bleed radiators?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        oh, i quite forgot.
        do you like gladiators?
        and can you bleed radiators?
        Abandon Hope all Ye Who Enter Here.

Specifically In General.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I have always been treated fairly and professionally by every agent and client.

But then I clean toilets for politically aware social housing teams, where they treat low grade twunts like me with undue respect.
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Abandon Hope all Ye Who Enter Here.

Specifically In General.

The old man has that written on the back of his elephant thong. But then he has been known to get ****ed 8 ways for one contract.

Comment

This is pretty much par for the course. The agent will give you feedback to say you have the contract - they are not going to waste their time chasing up everybody to tell them they haven't got the job. I don't think I've ever been in for a contract where I've had to chase the agent to find out I'd got the role. They tend to be in touch pretty quickly because they know you'll often have multiple irons in the fire. As for the expenses, that's down to you to negotiate them before agreeing to do the interview, but getting them is not the norm in contracting. Surely it would have been better to arrange a telephone interview or move the time to one where an overnight stay was not required. Regarding reposting the job, then perhaps the feedback from the client wasn't positive and they decided that they needed to up the rate to get somebody who ticked all the boxes.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Fair play to agent and client co.

They dodged a bullet with you my friend.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

1. You haven't been asterisked.
                  2. Please don't quote NLUK - it lets him out of the block filter.
                  3. Don't prod NLUK, you won't win and it isn't worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
                    Don't prod NLUK
                    That job is best left to NLyUK.

Comment

Your idea of an agency taking the proverbial seems overly sensitive. Is this your first time looking for work?

1. This is an ages old trick and we all fall for it once, learn and then move on.
                      2. All agents will say they will get back to you. Some do, some don't. Chase if you care, leave it if you don't.
                      3. Readvertising is common and is indicative that (a) you didn't get the job and (b) no-one else did either.
                      4. Depends on the client but I'd say it's a miscommunication error. However, as you're sensitive, I can see how that means they blatantly lied as their sole reason for being is to upset you.
                      5. Depends on the agent but I'd say it's a miscommunication error. However, as you're sensitive, I can see how that means they blatantly lied as their sole reason for being is to upset you.
                      6. Some agencies change CVs and all you have to say is "that's not my CV" and drop them in it. You don't mention how the client saw your CV and the agency version with sufficient notice to be able to compare and contrast?
                      7. Incurring expenses to attend an interview is a fact of life. If you can't afford to travel to an interview you don't deserve the job, leaving the people who don't need a job plenty of choice when they get bored of the one they've got.

All in all, I'd say your virginity remains soundly intact.

Comment

Working...
                      X