• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter Breach of Contract. Small Claims Court?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks All.

Aggregated feedback amounts to I don't really have leverage. I did turn down other roles in favor of the option which commenced the earliest, then to discover the agent/client let me down. And should I suffer an economic impact?

Comment

Originally posted by Analyzer View Post
      Aggregated feedback amounts to I don't really have leverage. I did turn down other roles in favor of the option which commenced the earliest, then to discover the agent/client let me down. And should I suffer an economic impact?
      Thats what contracting is about.

Comment

Did you turn down other interviews or did you turn down signing other contracts?

There’s a big difference.
        1. Don’t stop going for interviews
        2. When you have multiple contracts in front of you to sign, you are in a position to negotiate, or to choose based on a variety of factors - travel time, rate, project, client, etc.

You were let down, sure, but it was your choice to put all your eggs in one basket.
        You claim you suffered economic impact, but you’ve no guarantee that any of the other roles you turned down would actually have turned into contracts either.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Aggregated feedback amounts to I don't really have leverage. I did turn down other roles in favour of the option which commenced the earliest, then to discover the agent/client let me down. And should I suffer an economic impact?
          FTFY..

Hard life this contracting malarkey innit...
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            FTFY..

Hard life this contracting malarkey innit...
            Remember no deal is better than a bad deal

Comment

And should I suffer an economic impact?
              Yes.
              Part of the reason contracting is well paid is that we take risks that some others are not prepared to take. Of which this is one.

Comment

Client and agency in "couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery" shocker
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X