Recruiter Breach of Contract. Small Claims Court? Recruiter Breach of Contract. Small Claims Court?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17

Nervous Newbie

Analyzer is too good to be a permie

Default Recruiter Breach of Contract. Small Claims Court?

Advice please; Recruiter broke contract agreement start date resulting in three-week income loss. Reason came down admin delay recruiter/client side, nevertheless no fault of mine.

Recruiter failed to amend anything, I resigned, started elsewhere, and threatened small claims court. Recruiter counter threatens with they are not liable attributed to my not taking action in first thirty days of the event and delays client side, will entitle them to delay contract start date, and they will financially punish should I take further action.

Fact is both recruiter and end client botched my onboarding, and as always the candidate is the one to suffer the losses. Do I have a case to reclaim from small claims court?

More time posting than coding

GhostofTarbera 's job has never been outsourced

No

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    Advice please; Recruiter broke contract agreement start date resulting in three-week income loss. Reason came down admin delay recruiter/client side, nevertheless no fault of mine.
    You can't lose something you didn't earn. They could have kept the date the same but told you not to come in as there isn't any work for you. Same outcome for you.
    Recruiter failed to amend anything, I resigned, started elsewhere, and threatened small claims court. Recruiter counter threatens with they are not liable attributed to my not taking action in first thirty days of the event and delays client side, will entitle them to delay contract start date, and they will financially punish should I take further action.

Fact is both recruiter and end client botched my onboarding, and as always the candidate is the one to suffer the losses. Do I have a case to reclaim from small claims court?
    No.

What is very key here is exactly when you signed the contract, what did it say, when did they tell you the start date wasn't achievable and so on. But either way no. You didn't work it so can't get paid for it so no loss.

What you could do is check your IPSE+ Business interruption cover. The agency moving the dates MIGHT be covered by that.. but I have a feeling not. That's a delay, not a fundamental breach of contract. Worth checking though.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Super poster

ladymuck - scorchio!

Contract start delays can and do happen. What evidence do you have of the financial loss? Did you turn down other work to take this role that was a dead cert to happen?

If the contract started three weeks late, it could also end three weeks later than originally expected so there would be no loss but you chose to flounce and quit instead

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    No
    Yes.
    Duct tape holds the universe together. In quantum chromodynamics it's known as the strong force. You get it in different colours, but metallic grey is best.

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

Quit contracting. Now.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Super poster

Lance - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Yes.
    Maybe.
    See You Next Tuesday

Double Godlike!

greenlake has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    No
    Yes.
    Maybe.
    Time for a poll....?

Super poster

DoctorStrangelove is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by greenlake View Post
    Time for a poll....?

Where's the AndyW option?

No poll is complete without one.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

More time posting than coding

vadhert 's job has never been outsourced

I would go to court as Snowflake ltd should not be incurring any losses.

Polishing a turd near you!!