• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT

“Mr Gove announced his plan to replace VAT in the Sunday Telegraph, writing that his "business know-how" had allowed him to bring in positive changes to education, the environment and the justice system while in his various ministerial roles.

"My economic plan is driven by the need to increase investment, productivity and wages across the country, with a special focus on helping those areas and regions where productivity is lower," he wrote.

"It would mean reducing the regulations which hold business back, cutting and reforming taxes - such as business rates - which put pressure on small businesses and undermine our high streets, using the opportunity of life outside the EU to look to replace VAT with a lower, simpler, sales tax," he added.”

Tory leadership contest: Michael Gove 'would scrap VAT' - BBC News

So Toad will just scrap and replace one of the most collectable taxes - £145 bln per yer, plus business rates - and that will magically reduce taxation levels

Looks like he is still snorting coke

Comment

Politics in the UK has become frightening.

be afraid
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

So when is it going back down to 17.5%? I'm sure the hike to 20% was only an emergency measure in 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
          So when is it going back down to 17.5%? I'm sure the hike to 20% was only an emergency measure in 2011
          Surely it should go down to 15%?

Comment

Bring back Purchase Tax.

The ins & outs of that little miracle would boggle the mind.

Rates of 33%, 66%, 100% according to the whim of whatever feckwhit Chancellor we had at the time.

Not to mention deemed taxation on the rent you don't pay because you own your own house.

Hearth Tax wouldn't bring in much, but just think of the killing they'd make on Window Tax these days.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

He is just prepping for 10% min WTO duty on all goods at the border - but that won’t be tax, no no no

“Reform” VAT to 15% sales tax and voila - welcome tax cutting Tories!

Comment

Look, that cat is dead*!

*No drugs were involved

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Not to mention deemed taxation on the rent you don't pay because you own your own house.
                  We've got that where I live. However there is tax reform (real tax reform) going on to simplify the system, so it'll probably be abolished soon - with a small increase in wealth tax.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Going to wait until after Brexit for that 911 TTS - no VAT, what's not to like!

Comment

Working...
                    X