• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Out of the frying pan into the fire!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Do you put that at the end of all your posts? Why not put it in your sig?
    It is in my sig!

But only when I post from my mobile phone.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      If it says women have to wear high heels, you should name and shame
      Stringfellows.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

It gets worse, call from agent, I ask why the dress code? Manager is new in the role want to build a world class team.

I am surprised there is't a uniform.

Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Because he/she/it is too fecking thick.

Now promoted to the ignore list.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            It gets worse, call from agent, I ask why the dress code? Manager is new in the role want to build a world class team.

Or maybe this....

Comment

Challenge the person on why the feel that someone who wears a pair of trousers and jacket made of the same type and colour of material is going to be more effective than someone who does not.

They will give you some bulltulip about a smartly dressed person being better and more diligent and more committed or some rubbish

So just ask them whether grabbing a tramp off the street and putting them in a suit will magically imbue that person with diligence and commitment.

Comment

Part and parcel then.

As a basic rule of thumb, contractors should always dress better than the permanent staff. Get yourself down to Savile Row.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It’s his default signature based on the device he’s posting from, which is why you don’t see it when he posts from a web browser.
                  As for putting it in his signature, that would require him understanding how to do that.

Instead, it says a lot about him when he tries to weigh in on a serious subject, then finishes off with that line.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Part and parcel then.

As a basic rule of thumb, contractors should always dress better than the permanent staff. Get yourself down to Savile Row.
                    As a basic rule of thumb judging someone by their attire is a pointless activity.

Most of the politicians you see are wearing expensive suits and they are the most untrustworthy ******* you can find.

Comment

Last offer didn't work out, and summer is coming.

Got another offer at a lower rate, as contracts tend to dry up in the summer months, I thought some money is better than no money.

Contract signed, start date agreed etc. email from agent "Wishing all the best on your new role, please find DRESS CODE attached.

Ok I have worked directly for consulting companies with dress codes, one 27 pages. But end client
                      What is the dress code? Is it more elaborate than 'business dress'?

I quite enjoy dressing up for work these days - I even got a colour analysis done a few weeks ago!
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X