Out of the frying pan into the fire! Out of the frying pan into the fire!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1

    Godlike

    alreadypacked has more data than eek

    alreadypacked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Off-shore
    Posts
    5,953

    Default Out of the frying pan into the fire!

    Last offer didn't work out, and summer is coming.

    Got another offer at a lower rate, as contracts tend to dry up in the summer months, I thought some money is better than no money.

    Contract signed, start date agreed etc. email from agent "Wishing all the best on your new role, please find DRESS CODE attached.

    Ok I have worked directly for consulting companies with dress codes, one 27 pages. But end client
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

  2. #2

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Last offer didn't work out, and summer is coming.

    Got another offer at a lower rate, as contracts tend to dry up in the summer months, I thought some money is better than no money.

    Contract signed, start date agreed etc. email from agent "Wishing all the best on your new role, please find DRESS CODE attached.

    Ok I have worked directly for consulting companies with dress codes, one 27 pages. But end client
    Update your quoted rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  3. #3

    Godlike

    ladymuck is always on top

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,812

    Default

    If it says women have to wear high heels, you should name and shame

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Yorkie62 is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    If it says women have to wear high heels, you should name and shame
    Or let the rest of us know if there is any contract work going

    Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons

  5. #5

    Godlike

    Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    If it says women have to wear high heels, you should post a photograph!
    ftfy.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  6. #6

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    108,496

    Default

    Presumably you dress professionally so there is not going to be an issue?

    Unlike Churchill who tried to wear a mankini....

  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    If it says women have to wear high heels, you should name and shame
    And include the name and email of the agent so we can apply....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Or let the rest of us know if there is any contract work going

    Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons
    Do you put that at the end of all your posts? Why not put it in your sig?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  9. #9

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,779

    Default

    Alreadypacked walking in to the clients be like..

    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  10. #10

    Godlike

    Zigenare is a fount of knowledge

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Presumably you dress professionally so there is not going to be an issue?

    Unlike Churchill who tried to wear a mankini....
    Only the once, and it was at Band Camp!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •