• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deleting Profile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I didn't do that, someone else did.
    To be precise, I posted a link to a news story and then you announced that it is about you.

Comment

"I am currently finding certain parts of this forum crossing the very fine line that exists between banter and bullying"

I wholeheartedly agree. I used to post on these fora many years ago, and eventually gave up because I couldn't get my point of view across because of verbal abuse. Nothing seems to have changed, despite the fact that recent events have justified my opinion.

When individuals resort to verbal abuse, then they are losing the argument.

What was that famous saying? "I don't agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it"

These days if you hold a minority opinion on any issue, the majority deride you. Sometimes, as I have proven to my satisfaction, the minority opinion proves to be correct. So for all those critics in the majority, time will tell if the minority opinion is valid.
      Dry your eyes and grow a set of balls ffs. Either that or just piss off and leave.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

"I am currently finding certain parts of this forum crossing the very fine line that exists between banter and bullying"

I wholeheartedly agree.
        CUK general has had banter posts and not just bullying?

Gosh denizens are slipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          Did I mention unprofessional?

No

Then unprofessional as well

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons
          Can't say I disagree with you ... maybe do what I do, pop in for a bit of banter but don't come here too often. It can be toxic - don't get too caught up in the negative twunts [thumbs up]
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Can't say I disagree with you ... maybe do what I do, pop in for a bit of banter but don't come here too often. It can be toxic - don't get too caught up in the negative twunts [thumbs up]
            Oh the Irony....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Oh the Irony....
              I didn't name anyone .... although I note one of them liked your post
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The 'problem' with all forums, and also places like Facebook or similar sites where you post comments about tulipe, is that if you delete the account there is a knock-on effect to everything you've interacted with.

I think it would be good to have an option to retire an account/render it inactive such that it can't be accessed and all the profile details are removed if you don't log back in and reactivate within, say, 7 days but you can't fully delete it without deleting all the gems that have been posted by the account user.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 14 June 2019, 21:11. Reason: unacceptable comma misplacement

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  The 'problem' with all forums, and also places like Facebook or similar sites where you post comments about tulipe, is that if you delete the account there is a knock-on effect to everything you've interacted with.

I think it would be good to have an option to retire an account/render it inactive such that it can't be accessed and all the profile details are removed if you don't log back in and reactivate within, say, 7 days but you can't fully delete it without deleting all the gems that have been posted by the account user.
                  A forum I used to frequent did something similar when GPDR came in, they randomised all the User names so the content stayed but the personal data didn’t
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    A forum I used to frequent did something similar when GPDR came in, they randomised all the User names so the content stayed but the personal data didn’t
                    I believe posts qualify as "personal data" so I suspect retaining them on requesting deletion of personal data is an infringement of GDPR, even if usernames are randomized.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      I believe posts qualify as "personal data" so I suspect retaining them on requesting deletion of personal data is an infringement of GDPR, even if usernames are randomized.
                      What?

Even the ones from random s and Daleks?

It's not as if someone from Skaro is going to get upset about GDPR now is it?

Though on 2nd thoughts, they are quite keen on the old "Exterminate" sort of thing.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X