• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deleting Profile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Anyway, with whoever the OP was, I'm sure it won't take us too long to have voluntarily taken on his or her right to be forgotten.
    Actually reading away, I think the OP actually has a point, I don't belive CUK is in anyway GDPR compliant.

The rights are: right to be informed, right of access,right to rectification, right to erasure/to be forgotten,right to restrict processing, right to data portability,right to object and rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling

Let's look at each one of these in relation to this thread.

(1) right to be informed
    When GDPR came in, at no point did CUK send out an email or notification asking whether data could be used for marketing purposes and whether the user could opt in or out. Assumption was not part of GDPR and CUK did not do that - FAIL

(2) right of access

Posters have the right to request access to all of their data. So if I send an email to the link provided asking for a copy of all of my posts/data and whatever Nat has been posting about me behind by back I would expect that to be sent to be in a readable / usable electronic format. - FAIL

(3) right to rectification

Incorrect data should be corrected. Or in the case of the moderation of this site, I want my posts not to be changed by moderators who think they’re being ******* funny. - FAIL

(4) right to erasure
    Never once have I been give A Little Respect or L’Amour from CUK – FAIL

(5) right to to be forgotten
    Zeity is a good example, he could have requested to have all of posts deleted, instead he did most it himself - FAIL
    (6) right to restrict processing
    I bet there is no method for CUK not to use my data for processing or advertising.
    (7) right to data portability
    I also bet if I request all of my data to be made available to port it to NamesFacesPlaces, then CUK cannot do this - FAIL
    (8) relation to automated decision making and profiling
    The Moderators & Users on this site automatically racially and stereotypically profile posters as could be seen in this thread - FAIL

All in All. CUK is not GDPR Compliant. Now what's 4% of turnover?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

He he I see the lying moron Yorkie left.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Actually reading away, I think the OP actually has a point, I don't belive CUK is in anyway GDPR compliant.

The rights are: right to be informed, right of access,right to rectification, right to erasure/to be forgotten,right to restrict processing, right to data portability,right to object and rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling

Let's look at each one of these in relation to this thread.

(1) right to be informed
        When GDPR came in, at no point did CUK send out an email or notification asking whether data could be used for marketing purposes and whether the user could opt in or out. Assumption was not part of GDPR and CUK did not do that - FAIL

(2) right of access

Posters have the right to request access to all of their data. So if I send an email to the link provided asking for a copy of all of my posts/data and whatever Nat has been posting about me behind by back I would expect that to be sent to be in a readable / usable electronic format. - FAIL

(3) right to rectification

Incorrect data should be corrected. Or in the case of the moderation of this site, I want my posts not to be changed by moderators who think they’re being ******* funny. - FAIL

(4) right to erasure
        Never once have I been give A Little Respect or L’Amour from CUK – FAIL

(5) right to to be forgotten
        Zeity is a good example, he could have requested to have all of posts deleted, instead he did most it himself - FAIL
        (6) right to restrict processing
        I bet there is no method for CUK not to use my data for processing or advertising.
        (7) right to data portability
        I also bet if I request all of my data to be made available to port it to NamesFacesPlaces, then CUK cannot do this - FAIL
        (8) relation to automated decision making and profiling
        The Moderators & Users on this site automatically racially and stereotypically profile posters as could be seen in this thread - FAIL

All in All. CUK is not GDPR Compliant. Now what's 4% of turnover?
        0.5 of a discounted IPSE subscription.

Comment

blah, blah blah
          i agree entirely.
          you are perfectly correct.
          it's an outrage.

oh, - wailey wailey wailey.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Anyway, with whoever the OP was, I'm sure it won't take us too long to have voluntarily taken on his or her right to be forgotten.
            Most CUK posters want the right to be remembered.....

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              He he I see the lying moron Yorkie left.
              Gone but not forgotten.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/tags/coty2019.html

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Most CUK posters want the right to be remembered.....
                nah, - it really is, just you.
                sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  nah, - it really is, just you.
                  sorry.

Who?

Comment

Blah blah blah
                    GDPR is about Personal data. Posts are not personal data.
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 28 August 2019, 21:35.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      GDPR is about Personal data. Posts are not personal data.
                      I see you're unfamiliar with nlady.

Comment

Working...
                      X