• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

High blood pressure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Not sure what's happened - my life style hasn't changed).
    Triggered by the return of BP?

Hope you get better soon.

Comment

I'm in my mid-fifties and reasonably fit for my age. I take 10mg Ramipril daily for congenital high blood pressure. Been taking it for over fifteen years. Started on 2.5mg and over the years that's been increased to 10mg. I had a bit of a cough and dry throat when I first started to take it but that went away after about three months or so and I seem to tolerate it very well. I should be on around 2.5mg but don't do enough exercise to counteract sitting down all day.

Loads of people take it and generally it's a very safe way of keeping your blood pressure down.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

What's happening in your life?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm on 10mg Ramipril with a side of 2.5 Indapamide for good measure. The Ramipril is fine, the Indapamide is likely to cause frequent trips to the toilet.

I have a BMI of 33.5 and have had an unsolicited offer from the doctor for a 12 week free trial of Weightwatchers. Needless to say I haven't taken them up on their offer

Comment

In the UK at the minute.... for almost ten days already. Sugar sugar sugar, it's on everything. Even the bread is loaded with the stuff. Forgot how foods here are so sweet.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Welcome to the club. I have take a combination of Ramipril and amlodipine for last 2 years. BMI could be a few percent lower but I can run over 5k none stop and cycle over 120km each week with a heart rate in the low 50s. So go figure.

Only side-effect I had was poor concentration occasionally; but I have started taking a supplement of phosphatrdyl serine and iron tablets which seems to have given me an energy boost.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

sod the rampiril thats for wusses.

Straight on amlodopine. Now on Indapamide.

Started with Sleep Apnoea which is of course hereditary.Asare all the other things that could of killed me by 21 .

Still have a blood pressure that could jack up a train.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

does this mean if we send Dave & Brillo round his way WTFH would resign to get a lower stress lifestyle? Oh crap we could get MF. Come back WTFH all is forgiven and lay off the cakes
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bloody hell, seems like most of us have high blood pressure on cuk.

I’m on ramipril and amiodioine. Have been for about four or five years.

Keeping active in my case can lower blood pressure significantly and keeping the weight down. Though I do a bit of weight training, don’t think that helps with blood pressure.

Buy a decent blood pressure monitor. Hard Brexit should help.

I take the blood pressure tablets before bed time.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                      Welcome to the club. I have take a combination of Ramipril and amlodipine for last 2 years. BMI could be a few percent lower but I can run over 5k none stop and cycle over 120km each week with a heart rate in the low 50s. So go figure.

Only side-effect I had was poor concentration occasionally; but I have started taking a supplement of phosphatrdyl serine and iron tablets which seems to have given me an energy boost.
                      How did you link poor concentration to the tablets?

Comment

Working...
                      X