• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

High blood pressure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I'm about the same.. until you walk in the room! Schwing!!!!
    now I'd always suspected that this might be the effect she had on us mere mortals.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      In the last 2.5 years I've learnt that the hard way. I'll try to be brief....
      Jeez, what a journey. Hope things continue to improve.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

<snip>.
        Not good mate but hopefully you're on a better path now. I've been close to someone with bladder issues and retention and UTIs are not fun. Been in A&E more times than I like to think about, including Xmas eve 2017 which wasn't the best present!

Having something to focus on away from the illness is what works for us. For my wife, despite her health, she still holds down an executive level job that she loves; this keeps her going and gives her a reason to keep fighting each day.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Through all this stayed in work, carried on with a OU MA in Classical studies, just starting the dissertation now. After my wife and her incredible support, the OU kept me going, it was a distraction from the almost constant worry.
          Bloody hell, you've been through it.

Cycling friend of mine had liver transplant a couple of years ago - he's now a transplant ambassador, and representing England in the Transplant Games. Definitely a success story.

Best of luck with it all - and good luck with the MA!

Comment

Ive been taking pills since I quit the US. Started passing out a lot and was prescribed medication for blood pressure.

Doctor said I needed to stop drinking but Recently though I've found myself really faint on the tablets, so have stopped taking them on the whole and just upped the wine.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Not good mate but hopefully you're on a better path now. I've been close to someone with bladder issues and retention and UTIs are not fun. Been in A&E more times than I like to think about, including Xmas eve 2017 which wasn't the best present!

Having something to focus on away from the illness is what works for us. For my wife, despite her health, she still holds down an executive level job that she loves; this keeps her going and gives her a reason to keep fighting each day.
              UTIs are nasty and deserve A&E because they can spread to the kidneys within hours.
              I used to have repeated UTIs but now I am OK. A&E got used to me and they put me on an antibiotic drip overnight. My tips are:-

UTIs usually start internally contrary to common belief.
              Get a full blood test, check for diabetes.
              Buy a box of test strips and test pee regularly
              Don't drink fizzy drinks, bugs love Co2.
              Balance the ph in the urine.
              Pomegranate and Cranberry juice DOES NOT work, the sugar level is too high
              ( I wasted a lot of time and money with that tip from the GP).
              Drink red wine at night, it kills off the bugs in the urine better and quicker than antibiotics. Drink plenty of clean fresh water during the day. Stay off caffeine as it will irritate.
              If needed, ask the doctor for some standby antibiotics to save you rushing to A&E at 2 am on a Friday night.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Stuff.

Other Stuff.

Life can be tulip, /hugs to you both
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

I feel like I got it quite easy...

10mg of Ramipril and 5mg of amlodipine. Just about holding at 130/72 - down from a high of 200/140 , average of 160/95 (white coat hypertension for the lose)

Comment

Gawd, sorry to hear that, Gibbon. You always looked fit way back at wherever it was. Had the various PSA etc. tests meself a few months back, negative fortunately. Just got old fart problems. If summit down there has to swell up when you get old, why can't it be yer.....
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

MRI came back clear, biopsy came back with organ contained intermediate level cancer.
                      Got my biopsy booked 28th - how bad was it?

Early Feb 2018 Prostate out, catheter in (that is a pain in the dick).
                      Looking forward to that :-(

Comment

Working...
                      X