• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brookson's portal adds up expenses incorrectly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I used to claim mileage, I just used my odometer. Start mileage - 71,020; end mileage - 71,062. Mileage claimed - 42. Simples. That way I claimed the actual number of miles driven, not Google's estimate.

Comment

And then there’s google map settings - do you go for shortest time, shortest distance, include traffic, etc?
      If NLUK sets off to arrive at Ockham Car Park at 9am, the route will be different to the one given if he wants to arrive at 10pm. It’s also worth considering the MF factor - if he’s on the road, my advice is to avoid heavy traffic.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Brookson's portal adds up expenses incorrectly

(Note: my advice works well in General )
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          OK, so you’re happy to commit fraud, that’s OK, we’ve established it.

The rate is per mile, you claim per mile.
          It’s that simple/

Happy to follow my accountants instructions about claiming mileage but if I shouldn't be entering fractional miles then they shouldn't be accepting them.

Like I've said before the 'fraudulent' penny gets rolled over into the next set of expenses anyway by the portal, which agrees with freeagent's calcs, so I believe assessing each trip separately and rounding it to the nearest penny is the approach to take.

As I said, seems like a display issue on the expense screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny View Post
            Happy to follow my accountants instructions about claiming mileage but if I shouldn't be entering fractional miles then they shouldn't be accepting them.

Like I've said before the 'fraudulent' penny gets rolled over into the next set of expenses anyway by the portal, which agrees with freeagent's calcs, so I believe assessing each trip separately and rounding it to the nearest penny is the approach to take.

So you ever stop en route to spend a penny?

Comment

Oh well.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                So you ever stop en route to spend a penny?
                How would he/she/it account for that?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Someone has also just pointed out that having larger tyres than an average family car means I actually travel further as well so I've no idea what tyre size google assumes I'm using.
                  Travel further...WTF?

ETA: Is this a whoosh for me?
                  Last edited by Guesstimator; 25 June 2019, 14:26.

Comment

Seems like a cretin issue on the keyboard input.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      How would he/she/it account for that?
                      Have you asked your accountant?

Comment

Working...
                      X