• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Allergies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite artistic those little bacteria. Better than Damien Hurst anyway.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Apparently a hookworm infection can alleviate the symptoms of allergies.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Apparently a hookworm infection can alleviate the symptoms of allergies.
        I've heard that too. No idea if it's a real 'cure' or something a beardy hippy came up with

Comment

Too much cleanliness not bad for health, report on hygiene says | Society | The Guardian

Linked for the Guardian so the snowflake lefties don't get upset....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I've heard that too. No idea if it's a real 'cure' or something a beardy hippy came up with
            Didn't that doctor chap with the documentaries on the BBC try it out?

I certainly seem to remember some programme or other that mentioned it.

Doctor Infects Himself with Parasite for Televised Experiment | TIME.com

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Didn't that doctor chap with the documentaries on the BBC try it out?

I certainly seem to remember some programme or other that mentioned it.

Doctor Infects Himself with Parasite for Televised Experiment | TIME.com
              Michael Mosely? Maybe

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Michael Mosely? Maybe
                Yes, possibly him.

Does lots of daft things, so hookworm infection might well be on the agenda.

The one I quoted was on "Embarrassing Bodies".
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 June 2019, 10:16.

Comment

Working...
                X