• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    What is the evidence base for this claim? It would be interesting to see how large a problem this is in terms of numbers of calls and time wasted.
    It will be hard to get numbers as most are "managed" into dropping proceedings. After I graduated I worked in a late-night petrol station for a while and the police regularly stopped by for coffee/gossip and it was a regular complaint, Friday/Saturday nights were crazy and it was pretty much always the usual suspects. I felt sorry for the local plod. Depressing really, I was overjoyed to leave for London and become a contractor!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      It will be hard to get numbers as most are "managed" into dropping proceedings. After I graduated I worked in a late-night petrol station for a while and the police regularly stopped by for coffee/gossip and it was a regular complaint, Friday/Saturday nights were crazy and it was pretty much always the usual suspects. I felt sorry for the local plod. Depressing really, I was overjoyed to leave for London and become a contractor!
      So best filed under 'Alternative Facts'.

Comment

"I only believe stuff I read in the Guardian/BBC"

Comment

Have you ever lived on a tulipty housing estate in a dead end satellite town?

I am guessing not because if you had you would know exactly where TwoWolves is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

I am guessing not because if you had you would know exactly where TwoWolves is coming from.
            If it only applies to tulipty housing estates in dead end satellite towns, why was it being extrapolated to “across the country”?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              "I only believe stuff I read in the Guardian/BBC"
              I was asking for evidence based research for your claim.

HTH

Comment

So no evidence then?

Comment

So no evidence then?
                  Well no I did not take pictures of the incidents I saw happening

and as rarely anyone got arrested they do not get recorded as figures.

The police are regularly sorting out these sort of minor public disturbances as just part of their everyday job - they do not get recorded because often no crime is committed just people are drunk, stupid and angry.

It seems you feel that if there are no official stats on something then it does not exist.

Comment

Well no I did not take pictures of the incidents I saw happening

and as rarely anyone got arrested they do not get recorded as figures.

The police are regularly sorting out these sort of minor public disturbances as just part of their everyday job - they do not get recorded because often no crime is committed just people are drunk, stupid and angry.

It seems you feel that if there are no official stats on something then it does not exist.
                    How would you know what has really gone on behind closed doors when the police have been called out? Is it as TW describes or is that an Alt Right misogynistic fantasy? Without evidence, there is no way to tell.

Comment

Of course OldSmeg has not! He dreams of being able to move up to that.....

Comment

Working...
                      X