• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I imagine she got treated in exactly the same way a bloke would have in that situation so the equality lot should be pleased at least.
    Not true. See above.

Comment

If it was a private event then obviously the security was about as good as a BBC vetting procedure for Question Time. I also can't see anywhere in the MP's list of interests where Mark Field is a licensed bouncer....

Right wingers just kill people they disagree with:

Suspect in German politician's murder 'has links to far right' | World news | The Guardian

Murder of Jo Cox - Wikipedia

Charlottesville car attack - Wikipedia
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Was put very succinctly on R4 this morning:
        • If it was a police officer making the same actions no one would bat an eyelid
        • If it was a female MP doing the same no one would bat an eyelid

Its a non story where it only becomes a story be faux offence
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I think he should be. I think he's got a potentially reasonable defense, but I personally think this is a case which should go to court.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            I think he should be. I think he's got a potentially reasonable defense, but I personally think this is a case which should go to court.
            For what exactly?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
              Did what any policeman should have done if present. We've gone to milkshakes in political protests, it really only is a matter of time before it's acid, especially since the suggestion has been put out there and publicised and the person who put it out has suffered no consequences.

These people think they can do what they do with impunity, and they keep escalating.

My biggest problem with what he did is apologising afterwards.
              What nonsense. I bet you treat your wife like that when she refuses to get in bed.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                If it was a private event then obviously the security was about as good as a BBC vetting procedure for Question Time. I also can't see anywhere in the MP's list of interests where Mark Field is a licensed bouncer....

Right wingers just kill people they disagree with:

Suspect in German politician's murder 'has links to far right' | World news | The Guardian

Murder of Jo Cox - Wikipedia

Charlottesville car attack - Wikipedia

totally unlike left wingers who are just cuddly

Left-wing terrorism - Wikipedia

Mass killings under communist regimes - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capita...hment_in_China
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Was put very succinctly on R4 this morning:
                  • If it was a police officer making the same actions no one would bat an eyelid
                  • If it was a female MP doing the same no one would bat an eyelid

Its a non story where it only becomes a story be faux offence
                  I genuinely disagree. I don't think a well trained Police officer would have approached that with so much force at that point - it didn't look proportional to me, and I don't think he was genuinely in fear of being attacked/assaulted etc. Trespass alone isn't generally considered to be criminal, so despite what your average bouncer may think is okay, your right to use force is hugely curtailed.

As to your second point, well, sexism still reigns - but that doesn't make THIS case okay.

It's all well and good people saying "What if she was a bloke" etc, but she wasn't. Anybody who claims they feel the same amount of intimidation between a 6'6 rugby player vs a petite woman (I'm not saying she was) is lying. I'm also not saying you can't be hurt by a woman, but the case should be taken on its merits - not hypotheticals. It wasn't a huge rugby player storming in and it wasn't a 12 year old girl

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    Lol at all the tough guys who say that she deserves it, but everyone stood back when an angry man invaded Esther McVey’s meeting.

Seems like the tough guys only like manhandling when it’s a small woman on the receiving end.
                    They'll manhandle anything they are capable of. Looking how instinctively reacted I'd be willing to bet he didn't consider who or what it was in this case.

But.. I don't think 'because she's a woman' is a valid defense. If you aren't big enough or strong enough to enter a situation that could end in a fracas then you don't do it. Plenty of blokes could have been bowled over as easily as that and plenty of women would have flattened him. It's not about gender.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      Lol at all the tough guys who say that she deserves it, but everyone stood back when an angry man invaded Esther McVey’s meeting.

Seems like the tough guys only like manhandling when it’s a small woman on the receiving end.

She didn't 'deserve it' she made it happen because of her actions, in hindsight a successful security presence would have been better.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X