• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the more reason for Mark Field not to get involved.

Not that I believe anything in the Wail anyway.

Comment

Mark Field buys ‘This Is What A Feminist Looks Like’ t-shirt

His spokesman dismissed any suggestions that Mark Field was particularly aggressive towards the Greenpeace activist because of a deep-seated belief a woman’s role is to say how brilliant Mark Field is.

“Pure slander. Mark has never shown any hostility towards women. Gays, certainly, but not women. Mark believes that society should be divided by wealth, not gender.

“Think about it. Would he have cheated on his wife with Liz Truss if he didn’t respect women in the workplace?”

Comment

aha justification to attack any woman because she could be actually be a thug in disguise.

well spotted
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          aha justification to attack any woman because she could be actually be a thug in disguise.

well spotted

No thugs dressing up as women to get closer to their target, you might just attack any woman but most normal people don't.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

well spotted
            Oh, come on, don't be ridiculous. This wasn't just any woman. This was a woman wearing red. A political campaigner wearing red must either be Labour or Communist (if there's a difference). So even if she isn't a thug she's a thug enabler.

I'd say lock her away for 30 years or so or until she agrees to go through reeducation and get blue Tory tattoos on her forehead. Idiots are welcome in the Tory party too, after all, there's been plenty of evidence of that lately.

Comment

So in summary, he may or may not have committed a crime. Best let the police investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                By ushered out you mean thrown against a pillar?

He should not have been involved in the first place.

I expect MPs to be above bar room brawl tactics. Its the Mansion House - not the ten bells.....
                no I mean the second part of the interaction where she tried to turn so he changed his hold on her.

Agree they should not be put in such a position, its sheer incompetence. The Police should have been called and the protesters all arrested before they could get in the hall.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Was put very succinctly on R4 this morning:
                  • If it was a police officer making the same actions no one would bat an eyelid
                  • If it was a female MP doing the same no one would bat an eyelid

Its a non story where it only becomes a story be faux offence
                  Agreed. You gatecrash an event like this with the Chancellor uninvited you take your chances.
                  He didnt hurt the person but used reasonable force to remove her.
                  It is because it is a video of a senior tory holding a woman.
                  How can you judge whether that person is a threat or not. You can't take the risk
                  as you never know what will materailise.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    So in summary, he may or may not have committed a crime. Best let the police investigate.
                    Indeed lets see what the CPS say.

She did however commit a pre-meditated crime let her be prosecuted.

Comment

Would you expect the police to investigate if someone spilt a milkshake on your trousers ?

In the past I would have said not.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X