• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon some of these blokes and they're all blokes, ringing up LBC to defend Mark Field would slap their wives around the ear holes if they burnt the toast.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      I reckon some of these blokes and they're all blokes, ringing up LBC to defend Mark Field would slap their wives around the ear holes if they burnt the toast.
      You read the express and listen to LBC. Says much about you.

Comment

They're probably incels.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Agreed, there is an element of “she put herself in that position”. Doesn’t make Field’s reaction any less palatable. There’s probably a whole range of situations for a psychological exercise around this:
          - walk into an area that’s a bit dodgy and get beaten up. Did you put yourself in that position?
          - attempt to burgle a house and get shot. Did they put themselves in that position?
          - wear something a bit flirty and get raped. Did she put herself in that position?

It’s not the action that’s on trial, it’s the reaction and whether it is justified / justifiable.
          Nice whataboutery.

Of the three examples you supply the only one where the person is committing an offence is burglary and the rules are that the response should be proportional. so yes if you believed the burglars were armed with a knife then you could use a knife or bat to defend yourself. If the burglar dies in a fair fight then the homeowner is free to go.

Guns are slightly different in the UK.

In this case She committed trespass, public order offences and possibly offences related to national security. He pushed her out of the room to limit the danger it was in my opinion reasonable and proportionate. If the infiltrator had been a man he would have been congratulated.

she is nearly 20 years younger than him, roughly the same height. Females are known to commit violent crime you know.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

aha I see so it would be fine if he grabbed her by the neck.

I'm glad we cleared that up.

ah your usual lack of 'comprehension'. You made an assertion that as usual was wrong because you thought that by lying you would win the argument.

If he did it to prevent a crime and there was no intention to hurt then yes it would be fine.

Comment

Should a person be charged with assault for assaulting a non-aggressive person in public?

If the answer is "but they could have been dangerous" then that justifies assault on anyone. All you have to claim is that the person cold have been dangerous and you can do what you want, get rid of the police.

But it's a slippery slope, they want to make a speech today, tomorrow they'll be turning up with machine guns. Best lock up any dissenters and traitors.

Is that the answer?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Should a person be charged with assault for assaulting a non-aggressive person in public?

If the answer is "but they could have been dangerous" then that justifies assault on anyone. All you have to claim is that the person cold have been dangerous and you can do what you want, get rid of the police.

But it's a slippery slope, they want to make a speech today, tomorrow they'll be turning up with machine guns. Best lock up any dissenters and traitors.

Is that the answer?
                Indeed on the video she clearly doesn't look dangerous. The protestors were all in the room chanting peacefully and clearly not using any violence. He was angry because she was a lefty Liberal and so he decided to teach her a lesson. All the talk about she could have been dangerous is bollox.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Indeed on the video she clearly doesn't look dangerous. He was angry because she was a lefty Liberal and so he decided to teach her a lesson.

oh and you have proof of that then?

thought not!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    oh and you have proof of that then?

thought not!
                    If she was so dangerous why did everyone else ignore her ?

There was about 100 people in the room, and a "dangerous" thug walks past and they do nothing, why ?

If he really thought she was dangerous he would have dived under the table.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Different people react differently in different situations.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X