• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and for those of you who are in the 'should not have got involved' gang always remember that for evil to prevail all it requires is that good men do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Oh and for those of you who are in the 'should not have got involved' gang always remember that for evil to prevail all it requires is that good men do nothing.
      Don't worry in this particular case the PM has stepped in and suspended him.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Clearly the other guests should have intervened to carry out a citizen's arrest on Field. But that's the modern world, I'm afraid.

Comment

No I don't think so. This is a matter of the absent security.

Nevertheless the use of force on display here is certainly not befitting the character of a member of government. No way. Fear has really gripped the country if that's his defence.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Not really sure what Mark Field having an affair has got to do with him restraining a potential terrorist.
            Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            No I don't think so. This is a matter of the absent security.
            The incident took place at Mansion House, which hosts speeches and conferences with the PM and other world leaders and diplomats. Security there includes bag scanners and metal detectors. It’s not unusual, you need to go through these to visit many places in London.

If she was a potential terrorist she was an unarmed one. Which also explains why the rest of the crowd weren’t flailing about running, they were confident of the security procedures and that there was no physical threat.

The way that the protesters evaded the security was through basic social engineering - turn up in summer frocks and heels. They were not a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              The way that the protesters evaded the security was through basic social engineering - turn up in summer frocks and heels. They were not a threat.
              Apart from the sash, it was a pretty nice frock.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

...... restraining a potential terrorist.

And there we were thinking the brexidiot xenophobes thought all terrorists were Muslims only
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

No one said Field should not have got involved ... I certainly didn't. It was the way he got involved, and the anger of his actions (how dare a lefty spoil his winning and dinning!) that was at fault.

He could have stood up and bared her way. He could have spoken to her. He could have spread his arms to block her passage. but no, he tried none of these non-aggressive actions, he went (quite literally) straight for her throat!

You see now why he was in the wrong?
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Well the jackboot wearing crowd on here seem to have god old Tory standards. It seems alright to not only manhandle women but to also ignore an altercation where a women could possibly be in danger. Then again, once the country has left that horrible organisation, the Tories can repeal all the laws giving women equal rights...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Man invading Ester McVey press conference...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X