• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    No I don't think so. This is a matter of the absent security.

Nevertheless the use of force on display here is certainly not befitting the character of a member of government. No way. Fear has really gripped the country if that's his defence.
    I was thinking the same thing. I saw the Foreign Secretary at close quarters on the same day, and he had 4 protection officers around him. The Chancellor is clearly expendable.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      No one said Field should not have got involved ... I certainly didn't. It was the way he got involved, and the anger of his actions (how dare a lefty spoil his winning and dinning!) that was at fault.

He could have stood up and bared her way. He could have spoken to her. He could have spread his arms to block her passage. but no, he tried none of these non-aggressive actions, he went (quite literally) straight for her throat!

You see now why he was in the wrong?
      It's interesting how strongly you feel about this, given your looser opinions on milkshaking.

hilarious that the right whingers on here are upset by the throwing of a milkshake, yet have over the months been happy to refer to lamposts and lynching and don't condemn the threats of violence from their alt-right heros.

We need a new term for ring wing snowflakes .... the term 'milkshakes' seems apt

So, Ziggy, stop being a milkshake and MTFU

Comment

... he went (quite literally) straight for her throat!...
        I see him shove her violently in apparent anger, and I see him grabbing her by the back of the neck and marching her out of the room. But I don't see him grabbing her by the throat.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I see him shove her violently in apparent anger, and I see him grabbing her by the back of the neck and marching her out of the room. But I don't see him grabbing her by the throat.
          If one identifies as being grabbed by the neck, one was grabbed by the neck.

Comment

He could have stood up and bared her way.
            If he had bared anything of hers you'd have a much more compelling argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              I'd have done the same. She could have been carrying acid. Too many bedwetters on here.
              agreed, and he has explained his actions. Anyone who fears for a situation will react instinctively and without reasoning. Whichever way you look at it, she posed a threat to the security of some very senior government figures. And whatever anyone thinks of those figures, they are elected officials of the government and if we allow dissenters of any kind to threaten them, then we will have anarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                agreed, and he has explained his actions. Anyone who fears for a situation will react instinctively and without reasoning. Whichever way you look at it, she posed a threat to the security of some very senior government figures. And whatever anyone thinks of those figures, they are elected officials of the government and if we allow dissenters of any kind to threaten them, then we will have anarchy.
                She was checked by security, no need to ram her against the wall. He was simply looking for a plausible excuse to beat up a lefty Liberal.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  She was checked by security, no need to ram her against the wall. He was simply looking for a plausible excuse to beat up a lefty Liberal.
                  I think he wanted to pick on someone more vulnerable than himself. What a coward.

If Churchill had been protesting, he would have hid under the table.

Comment

If Mark Field is to be applauded for preventing a terrorist incident, what about the neighbours who called the police because they heard a woman screaming ?
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      He went for the throat via the back of the neck
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X