• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    It's interesting how strongly you feel about this, given your looser opinions on milkshaking.
    How do my views conflict? Throwing harmless milkshake at a public figure to embarrass them is not clever, and is not something I would do, but it's hardly the same as violently and angrily grabbing a woman by the neck. Had the protester with Farage grabbed him and been physically violent I'd have been equally appalled.

Left and Right have nothing to do with this. Field was angry, and acted violently against a harmless woman who had (presumably) gone through security checks to get into the building. He was out of control, and well out of order.

Now run along little boy.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      what about the neighbours who called the police because they heard a woman screaming ?
      If they were genuinely concerned for her (or his) safety, they should (at the minimum) have called the police. Recording a private conversation in someone's own home is usually morally dubious but if there were genuine concern about safety it is probably legit, and it should have been given to the police.

Giving it to the media is, of course, trashy and repugnant behaviour, which would be roundly condemned by most of those supporting it now if it had been someone like Diane Abbott instead of BoJo.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        How do my views conflict? Throwing harmless milkshake at a public figure to embarrass them is not clever, and is not something I would do, but it's hardly the same as violently and angrily grabbing a woman by the neck. Had the protester with Farage grabbed him and been physically violent I'd have been equally appalled.
        You don't have a monopoly on morality; I would say "milkshaking" is dehumanising. I don't actually care about either event, but the double standards is hilarious.

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Left and Right have nothing to do with this. Field was angry, and acted violently against a harmless woman who had (presumably) gone through security checks to get into the building. He was out of control, and well out of order.

Now run along little boy.
        Right/left tribalism nothing to do with it eh, weird how you're the one injecting "Tories" this and "right wing snowflakes" that into your statements, old man.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          If Mark Field is to be applauded for preventing a terrorist incident, what about the neighbours who called the police because they heard a woman screaming ?
          and then claimed that sending a recording to the Guardian wasn't a political act?

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            and then claimed that sending a recording to the Guardian wasn't a political act?
            Political act or not, it was a bastard's trick!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The gammonerati would be applauding the publication of a recording of a domestic at Corbyn's house. People are entitled to understand the character and temperament of those who seek to be prime minister.

Comment

The tabloid newspapers condemning the use of recordings would never indulge in such underhand tactics. If Corbyn were to be recorded bashing his wife they wouldn't report it.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  The gammonerati would be applauding the publication of a recording of a domestic at Corbyn's house. People are entitled to understand the character and temperament of those who seek to be prime minister.
                  You are so right, if he can't control his bitch how is he going to control the country.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                    You don't have a monopoly on morality; I would say "milkshaking" is dehumanising. I don't actually care about either event, but the double standards is hilarious.

Right/left tribalism nothing to do with it eh, weird how you're the one injecting "Tories" this and "right wing snowflakes" that into your statements, old man.
                    What I meant was, it makes no difference whether it's right or left leaning person doing this, I'd be equally critical.

For the record, I've been a Tory voter all my life, since I first voted in 1988. Well, up until 2015 anyway when I switched to Lib Dems. I've never voted Labour. I see myself as right of centre. The Tories of this generation has lost my vote forever.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                      Giving it to the media is, of course, trashy and repugnant behaviour, which would be roundly condemned by most of those supporting it now if it had been someone like Diane Abbott instead of BoJo.
                      I was reading an account of the couple in the Times. It occurred to me that with most of the Times readership, the description of the couple's professional lives will have largely been seen as repugnant and self-indulgent. Whereas the same article in the Grauniad would have made most of their readers think what decent people they are.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X