• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The gammonerati would be applauding the publication of a recording of a domestic at Corbyn's house. People are entitled to understand the character and temperament of those who seek to be prime minister.
    The main reason Boris wants into No10 is the walls are soundproffed and he can beat his girlfriend in private.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      and then claimed that sending a recording to the Guardian wasn't a political act?
      Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Political act or not, it was a bastard's trick!
      If “journalists” refused to accept tipoffs from the public they’d be spending the week watching cat videos.

The moral handwringing of journalists seems to be aligned with their own political side. Piers Morgan seems to be quiet on the matter though, I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Piers Morgan seems to be quiet on the matter though, I wonder why?
        Has he got his tongue stuck up Trump's arse?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          What I meant was, it makes no difference whether it's right or left leaning person doing this, I'd be equally critical.

For the record, I've been a Tory voter all my life, since I first voted in 1988. Well, up until 2015 anyway when I switched to Lib Dems. I've never voted Labour. I see myself as right of centre. The Tories of this generation has lost my vote forever.
          "I first voted in 1988"

I think everyone underestimates how differences in age can affect people's opinions. Older people will have seen and experienced more in life obviously and will have grown up in a World where standards, however right or wrong, would have been different. I personally have been subject to police bullying, even though acting completely lawfully and not in any way controversially. This wouldn't be tolerated today. I would never engage in any unlawful activity to further my beliefs. However, I will employ any legal means to put my case.

We have all heard the phrase "the pen is mightier than the sword". A better approach for any organisation wishing to further its aims might be to adopt that principle and seek to influence or embarrass HMG through uncomfortable revelations or legal means and counter information. Yes, we know HMG doesn't often listen, but the UK government has a history of eventually changing things if only to avoid revolution.

However, those with any agenda connected with climate change are not prepared to acknowledge any information or point of view which counters theirs. We are told that there is oil in Antarctica, which tells me that it was tropical at one time. I've also read that one ice age lasted millions of years and covered more than half of the World. All this before any vestige of man's ancestors appeared on this Earth.

We see the use of plastics becoming the latest battle ground. Even in my lifetime, all liquids were dispensed in glass bottle, e.g. milk and soft drinks. Automotive oils were also dispensed in cardboard cartons with metal tops. Coca Cola came in bottles and only in recent years have cans become possible. Many plumbing materials are now plastic and the same can be said about many other goods. Food bags were invaiably bronw paper. Interestingly enough brown paper bags are provided in my local Tesco store for mushrooms. Must be an issue there.

Plastic is used now where eminently re-recyclable material was used in the past.There is no plan to move back to these products. Why? you might ask. It's all down to vested interests, much like the arguments on global warning. It's politic to follow HMG's policy, as those organisations who are involved in supporting the policy are funded, whilst those with counter opinions are not. Why can't any of these lobbying organisations wake up to the fact that nothing happens in this World unless someone makes a buck out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            Plastic is used now where eminently re-recyclable material was used in the past.There is no plan to move back to these products. Why? you might ask. It's all down to vested interests, much like the arguments on global warning. It's politic to follow HMG's policy, as those organisations who are involved in supporting the policy are funded, whilst those with counter opinions are not. Why can't any of these lobbying organisations wake up to the fact that nothing happens in this World unless someone makes a buck out of it.
            The EU have just introduced a regulation for reuseable plastic bottles.

European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Circular Economy: Commission welcomes Council final adoption of new rules on single-use plastics to reduce marine plastic litter

However the UK will probably continue to dump its plastic waste into the Atlantic.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Circular Economy: Commission welcomes Council final adoption of new rules on single-use plastics to reduce marine plastic litter

However the UK will probably continue to dump its plastic waste into the Atlantic.
              Nah, Glastonbury are one step ahead of all this.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I thought we used to send it to China to dump? And now Malaysia?

Comment

It would be much better to stop using plastic for certain items in the first place, rather than trying to expand the use of degradable plastics. Plumbing materials were copper and brass and were unlikely to end up in the oceans as they wouldn't float. Likewise glass bottles. Even a bio-degradable plastic bottle will contaminate the ocean while it is degrading.

But it seems what I call "common sense" approaches to meet the modern environment are not employed often enough. The oil crisis of 1970's should have been a wake up call to the Western World to reduce its dependency on fossil oils. We might not have seen the conflicts we see now, which in my opinion revolve around oil. Yes, engines were made more efficient, but given the endemic use of cars, there should have been some long term plans in place that we should have seen some benefit from by now.

There has been no policy to electrify all our railways in the UK, even to the extent that although London to Cardiff will be electrified, this won't continue to Swansea. I don't see a general policy of introducing trams etc, certainly not in Wales at least. So as a result, we see the rise of these protest groups and the conflicts centred on the Middle East.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    The main reason Boris wants into No10 is the walls are soundproffed and he can beat his girlfriend in private.
                    How do you know it was that way? Domestic abuse can go the other way, you know. Maybe he doesn't want people to know that she beats him behind closed doors. I think that would be the one thing that would lose him this election. How are you going to handle the EU bullies if your girlfriend beats you up?

I think the real reason he wants into No 10 is so he gets to choose who is the neighbour in No 11.

Or maybe it's because the Office of the Chief Whip is in No 9 and he wants a whip close to hand. Maybe no one told him it isn't that kind of whip.

The possibilities could go on and on here.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                      How do you know it was that way? Domestic abuse can go the other way, you know. Maybe he doesn't want people to know that she beats him behind closed doors. I think that would be the one thing that would lose him this election. How are you going to handle the EU bullies if your girlfriend beats you up?

I think the real reason he wants into No 10 is so he gets to choose who is the neighbour in No 11.

Or maybe it's because the Office of the Chief Whip is in No 9 and he wants a whip close to hand. Maybe no one told him it isn't that kind of whip.

The possibilities could go on and on here.
                      Apparently he could be heard shouting "get off my f***ing laptop" after which she could be heard screaming "get off me".

Pretty clear what happened.

Under those circumstances the only option he has is to avoid all questions.
                      Last edited by BlasterBates; 24 June 2019, 12:10.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X