• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Apparently he could be heard shouting "get off my f***ing laptop" after which she could be heard screaming "get off me".

Pretty clear what happened.

Under those circumstances the only option he has is to avoid all questions.
    It makes perfect sense if answering the questions will lead to a worse impression than dodging them.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      "I first voted in 1988"

I think everyone underestimates how differences in age can affect people's opinions. Older people will have seen and experienced more in life obviously and will have grown up in a World where standards, however right or wrong, would have been different. I personally have been subject to police bullying, even though acting completely lawfully and not in any way controversially. This wouldn't be tolerated today. I would never engage in any unlawful activity to further my beliefs. However, I will employ any legal means to put my case.

We have all heard the phrase "the pen is mightier than the sword". A better approach for any organisation wishing to further its aims might be to adopt that principle and seek to influence or embarrass HMG through uncomfortable revelations or legal means and counter information. Yes, we know HMG doesn't often listen, but the UK government has a history of eventually changing things if only to avoid revolution.

However, those with any agenda connected with climate change are not prepared to acknowledge any information or point of view which counters theirs. We are told that there is oil in Antarctica, which tells me that it was tropical at one time. I've also read that one ice age lasted millions of years and covered more than half of the World. All this before any vestige of man's ancestors appeared on this Earth.

We see the use of plastics becoming the latest battle ground. Even in my lifetime, all liquids were dispensed in glass bottle, e.g. milk and soft drinks. Automotive oils were also dispensed in cardboard cartons with metal tops. Coca Cola came in bottles and only in recent years have cans become possible. Many plumbing materials are now plastic and the same can be said about many other goods. Food bags were invaiably bronw paper. Interestingly enough brown paper bags are provided in my local Tesco store for mushrooms. Must be an issue there.

Plastic is used now where eminently re-recyclable material was used in the past.There is no plan to move back to these products. Why? you might ask. It's all down to vested interests, much like the arguments on global warning. It's politic to follow HMG's policy, as those organisations who are involved in supporting the policy are funded, whilst those with counter opinions are not. Why can't any of these lobbying organisations wake up to the fact that nothing happens in this World unless someone makes a buck out of it.
      Again. Save yourself the time pal. No one on here is going to be bothered to read that much drivel. Keep it short and sharp if you want your posts read. Or keep it long and pointless if you want to be talking to yourself
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Does anyone actually know what went on inside that flat?

Does it look like Bo Jo's missus has been involved in some domestic violence or had been beaten?

Have none of you every shouted at the missus when she was being annoying, irrational and drunk?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Does it look like Bo Jo's missus has been involved in some domestic violence or had been beaten?

Have none of you every shouted at the missus when she was being annoying, irrational and drunk?
          She screamed "get off me"

Lawyers always advise not to say anything, very wise move by Boris. The Mafiosi who kept their mouths shut almost always got away with it.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Two people do.

What do you think victims of domestic violence look like? Does it need to be visible?

Wind your neck in.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Again. Save yourself the time pal. No one on here is going to be bothered to read that much drivel. Keep it short and sharp if you want your posts read. Or keep it long and pointless if you want to be talking to yourself
              well, I have to pass the time somehow when I'm sitting here at home monitoring for problems on my client site which rarely occur

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                She screamed "get off me"

Lawyers always advise not to say anything, very wise move by Boris. The Mafiosi who kept their mouths shut almost always got away with it.
                Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Two people do.

What do you think victims of domestic violence look like? Does it need to be visible?

Wind your neck in.
                Both had a few too many sherbets, she was dicking around playing with his laptop and he did not want her to do it - maybe she tried to run off with it and he grabbed her arm

at which point she screamed 'get off me'

You are all so desperate to make out that he is some mysogynist to satisfy you need for wider confirmation you are really not looking at the actual facts of what happened rather you want to paint your own rhetoric over the top for self affirmation.

Or alternatively he beat the living tulip out of her and deserves to go to prison.

I guess the truth will come out at some point.

And the police report states

"The police arrived and "spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well," adding: "There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action.""

So can you confirm exactly what questions he needs to answer?

Note also I am not for or against Boris - I just hate this utter bulltulip name calling, finger pointing childlike attitude from some many supposedly educated people.
                Last edited by original PM; 24 June 2019, 13:49.

Comment

Both had a few too many sherbets, she was dicking around playing with his laptop and he did not want her to do it - maybe she tried to run off with it and he grabbed her arm

at which point she screamed 'get off me'
                  So he may have committed assault? Accepting she doesn't want to press charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    So he may have committed assault? Accepting she doesn't want to press charges.
                    The Police obviously didn't think she was in danger during their visit, otherwise one or the other would have been removed from the scene.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      The Police obviously didn't think she was in danger during their visit, otherwise one or the other would have been removed from the scene.
                      Stop with the facts

we want hysterical supposition

Comment

Working...
                      X