• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Stop with the facts

we want hysterical supposition
    Domestic abuse: how to get help - GOV.UK

Domestic abuse in England and Wales - Office for National Statistics
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Clever response but of course you aren't so stupid as to think there's the least shred of evidence that this was a domestic abuse case. You and others like you are just playing politics in the hopes that he can be stopped before he gets in power in case he actually succeeds at Brexit.

I despise most of the man's politics but I find it repulsive to trivialise the actual abuse that many people actually suffer by treating this as if it is a serious case of domestic abuse. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself. The real abusers will use this kind of stuff to claim they aren't abusers, they just had a row. Because everyone knows that is probably all this was, the same kind of row that virtually every couple has.

You guys are doing the same thing Jussie Smollett did and it's disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        The Police obviously didn't think she was in danger during their visit, otherwise one or the other would have been removed from the scene.
        I didn't suggest she was in danger. I said an assault may have been committed in advance of their attendance.

Comment

Both had a few too many sherbets,
          Possibly. Neither you nor me know that though. What I was pointing out was that your post appears to indicate that she was under the influence and that he was not, and that somehow that is justifiable.

You are all so desperate to make out that he is some mysogynist to satisfy you need for wider confirmation you are really not looking at the actual facts of what happened rather you want to paint your own rhetoric over the top for self affirmation.
          Not at all. I’m pointing out your own misogyny.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
            Clever response but of course you aren't so stupid as to think there's the least shred of evidence that this was a domestic abuse case. You and others like you are just playing politics in the hopes that he can be stopped before he gets in power in case he actually succeeds at Brexit.

I despise most of the man's politics but I find it repulsive to trivialise the actual abuse that many people actually suffer by treating this as if it is a serious case of domestic abuse. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself. The real abusers will use this kind of stuff to claim they aren't abusers, they just had a row. Because everyone knows that is probably all this was, the same kind of row that virtually every couple has.

You guys are doing the same thing Jussie Smollett did and it's disgusting.
            The 'Get off me. Get out of my flat' is evidence (but not proof). I would be taking the same view if another prominent politician seeking to be PM, such as Corbyn was in the same position.

But you appear to be on your 'I am disgusted' high horse. I could be disgusted by your disgust, but as it happens, I am unsurprised - there's a lot of this kind of tulip going around these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              The 'Get off me. Get out of my flat' is evidence (but not proof). I would be taking the same view if another prominent politician seeking to be PM, such as Corbyn was in the same position.

But you appear to be on your 'I am disgusted' high horse. I could be disgusted by your disgust, but as it happens, I am unsurprised - there's a lot of this kind of tulip going around these days.
              The police arrived and "spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well," adding: "There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action."

Comment

The police arrived and "spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well," adding: "There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action."
                Yeah, they would say that, wouldn't they? It's all a conspiracy of silence, init?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Happens in quite a few domestic abuse cases where the abused is too scared of the abuser...until it is too late. I take it that if someone is being abused and that nothing happens, you would also be happy with that?

Initially the police actually stated that there was nothing to report until someone pointed out the crime number so maybe we could go full tinfoil hat conspiracy theory
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The police didn't have access to the recording with the words, 'Get off me.'

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      The police didn't have access to the recording with the words, 'Get off me.'

HTH
                      Does the following not show you that the Police would have taken this situation very seriously?
                      Originally posted by Old Greg
                      The neighbour decided to call 999. Two police cars and a van arrived within minutes, shortly after midnight, but left after receiving reassurances from both the individuals in the flat that they were safe.

When contacted by the Guardian on Friday, police initially said they had no record of a domestic incident at the address. But when given the case number and reference number, as well as identification markings of the vehicles that were called out, police issued a statement saying: “At 00:24hrs on Friday, 21 June, police responded to a call from a local resident in [south London]. The caller was concerned for the welfare of a female neighbour.

“Police attended and spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well. There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action.”
                      Do you not think that the Police would be able to determine at the scene if there was a "Real Issue" or not?
                      Last edited by Zigenare; 24 June 2019, 16:16.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X