• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Does the following not show you that the Police would have taken this situation very seriously?

Do you not think that the Police would be able to determine at the scene if there was a "Real Issue" or not?
    If someone who might have been abusing you then threatened you with further abuse if you told the police that everything was not okay then how would the police be able to determine if there was a 'Real Issue' or not? The 'Real Issue' here is that people are trying to condone spouse abuse and not condemn it...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      If someone who might have been abusing you then threatened you with further abuse if you told the police that everything was not okay then how would the police be able to determine if there was a 'Real Issue' or not? The 'Real Issue' here is that people are trying to condone spouse abuse and not condemn it...
      Really, who?

Do you think that British Police Officers aren't trained to recognise coercion?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Maybe he was practicing Rugby:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Really, who?

Do you think that British Police Officers aren't trained to recognise coercion?
          Not always, no: More women like Shana Grice will die unless police sexism ends | Julie Bindel | Opinion | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by The Guardian
            The complacency about male violence towards women across our criminal justice system is a major symptom of endemic, institutionalised misogyny within the police service.
            Julie Bindel is a journalist and political activist, and a founder of Justice for Women.

No axe to grind there, then?

Just a quick question, do you believe everything you read in the press? Especially "Opinions"?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Julie Bindel is a journalist and political activist, and a founder of Justice for Women.

Just a quick question, do you believe everything you read in the press? Especially "Opinions"?
              Police treatment of domestic abuse victims to be investigated | Society | The Guardian

Comment

No as I can look at it subjectively and then research further and make up my own opinion.

Safeguarding Week 2019 - The role of a Domestic Abuse Coordinator - North Yorkshire Police | North Yorkshire Police

“There are times when you know that there is abuse going on in a household, but the victim insists that no one is hurting them, or that they can handle it. It is really frustrating because you want to help, but people have the right to make their own decisions. We just try to make sure we give them every support and help when they need it.
                Clare's Law: The women who risk their lives by refusing information - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  But you appear to be on your 'I am disgusted' high horse.
                  There's a lot of 'high horse' moral posturing going around. I wasn't speaking to you when I wrote that and I won't speak to whether you are being hypocritical or not.

But there are people here who are all over Mark Field who grabbed someone but didn't hurt her, but think nothing of John Prescott and Alastair Campbell punching people. Oh, sure, neither was the same thing, but we're talking about three people reacting instinctively.

As to BoJo, there are probably about 50 explanations for the words that have been reported. Maybe they were having sex when the fight started and she told him to get off of her, and he did. Who knows? Do you think he should be making a public statement about that? 'Well, yes, we were having sex but she was upset about when I spilled the wine and told me to get off her, so I did.' Yeah, the world would be a better place, no doubt, if he did that. Or maybe he tripped and fell on her when he spilled the wine, and she was mad and grabbed his laptop, and told him to get off of her. Or who knows what else.

Those words you cited do not constitute 'evidence' of a crime. Yes, they could provide supporting evidence if there were an actual accusation, but that's hardly the same as evidence a crime was committed. They are apparently evidence of a lovers' spat. That's earth-shattering. From what's been reported of the people who made the recording, I'd say it is nailed on that if the recording gave any real evidence of a crime it would be all over Youtube by now.

I was really, really hoping Hunt would manage to pull this one off somehow, but IMO the feeding frenzy over this has probably sealed it. Worse, it's probably pushing BoJo to the right because he's finding out who his friends are. The guy who governed London as a moderate is probably not who we're going to get as PM. Why should he accommodate those who will do anything to destroy him?

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                    There's a lot of 'high horse' moral posturing going around. I wasn't speaking to you when I wrote that and I won't speak to whether you are being hypocritical or not.

But there are people here who are all over Mark Field who grabbed someone but didn't hurt her, but think nothing of John Prescott and Alastair Campbell punching people. Oh, sure, neither was the same thing, but we're talking about three people reacting instinctively.

As to BoJo, there are probably about 50 explanations for the words that have been reported. Maybe they were having sex when the fight started and she told him to get off of her, and he did. Who knows? Do you think he should be making a public statement about that? 'Well, yes, we were having sex but she was upset about when I spilled the wine and told me to get off her, so I did.' Yeah, the world would be a better place, no doubt, if he did that. Or maybe he tripped and fell on her when he spilled the wine, and she was mad and grabbed his laptop, and told him to get off of her. Or who knows what else.

Those words you cited do not constitute 'evidence' of a crime. Yes, they could provide supporting evidence if there were an actual accusation, but that's hardly the same as evidence a crime was committed. They are apparently evidence of a lovers' spat. That's earth-shattering. From what's been reported of the people who made the recording, I'd say it is nailed on that if the recording gave any real evidence of a crime it would be all over Youtube by now.

I was really, really hoping Hunt would manage to pull this one off somehow, but IMO the feeding frenzy over this has probably sealed it. Worse, it's probably pushing BoJo to the right because he's finding out who his friends are. The guy who governed London as a moderate is probably not who we're going to get as PM. Why should he accommodate those who will do anything to destroy him?
                    The words do provide evidence. They just don't provide proof. Some cretin was saying that there isn't a shred of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                      At least John Prescott puched someone his own size.

Though I still think if JP's attacker was arrested, so should JP have been.

Comment

Working...
                      X