• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    No as I can look at it subjectively and then research further and make up my own opinion.
    You really are thick, try sticking to words you understand, like feckwit.

objective vs. subjective : Choose Your Words : Vocabulary.com
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Tory MP apologises for letting Greenpeace protester live

Tory MP apologises for letting Greenpeace protester live
      21st June 2019

THE Conservative MP accused of assaulting a Greenpeace protester has apologised to fellow dinner guests for not using lethal force.

Mark Field protected fellow diners from the risk of a person who they may not have agreed with by removing her safely by the neck, but admitted he was criminally negligent for not bringing a weapon with him.

He continued: “I should never have gone to the annual Merchants and Bankers Dinner at Mansion House without being tooled up. What was I thinking?

“I’ve got a whole arsenal at home – pull the Thatcher memoir from the shelves, the wall opens up, 31 guns and 18 edged weapons, backlit – but I had to use my hands, and Parliament’s made me soft.

“What I should have done? Backwards out of the chair, tuck and roll, two warning shots into the torso, tuck and roll into cover, blindfire six rounds, tuck and roll, double-tap to the head.

“Bish bosh. Job done. Round of applause.”

When informed that he may be charged with assault, Field said: “But she’s a lefty.”

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        You really are thick, try sticking to words you understand, like feckwit.

objective vs. subjective : Choose Your Words : Vocabulary.com
        Luckily I'm not as thick as you but please feel free to continue to give us all a good laugh....
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Luckily I'm not as thick as you but please feel free to continue to give us all a good laugh....
          Oh you are!

Subjective is 'your own opinion'. So you are saying " I make up make my own opinion look at it further and make up my own opinion" WTF
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Oh you are!

Subjective is 'your own opinion'. So you are saying " I make up make my own opinion look at it further and make up my own opinion" WTF
            He's got you bang to rights, Darmstadt.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Oh you are!

I'm fortunate enough not to know the inner workings of darmy's mind but the sequence could be:

1. Take a subjective view
              2. Research (objectively)
              3. Form an opinion informed by objective research.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                At least John Prescott puched someone his own size.
                Which should not matter in law. It would be hard to prove that either JP or MF assessed the size of the person, it was a spur of the moment reaction to provocation in both cases.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Though I still think if JP's attacker was arrested, so should JP have been.
                Easy to make a self-defence case, it was very close range, he was struck by something he knew not what, he reacted. Neither was charged, though the egg thrower probably should have been.

Comment

Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said Smollett "took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career".
                  Linky
                  The difference here? People are taking 'advantage of the pain and anger of domestic abuse to' -- accomplish a political purpose.

And since they think that political purpose is good, then it's ok.

Comment

Interesting that you bring this up. The Guardian, as is usual completely misunderstands the problem and then dollops a whole load of their political prejudice on top.

Across the country the provincial police forces are deluged every weekend with time-wasting calls from chav women making malicious complaints of assault against men who simply didn't want anything more than a drunken one-night-stand from the complainants who now feel used and want to exact some revenge against the silly boy. All the police are guilty of is being unable to tell which are the genuine cases and which are simply malicious.

The way to fix this is to start prosecuting the time-wasting underclass but guess who would kick-up a fuss should this be attempted?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                      Interesting that you bring this up. The Guardian, as is usual completely misunderstands the problem and then dollops a whole load of their political prejudice on top.

Across the country the provincial police forces are deluged every weekend with time-wasting calls from chav women making malicious complaints of assault against men who simply didn't want anything more than a drunken one-night-stand from the complainants who now feel used and want to exact some revenge against the silly boy. All the police are guilty of is being unable to tell which are the genuine cases and which are simply malicious.

The way to fix this is to start prosecuting the time-wasting underclass but guess who would kick-up a fuss should this be attempted?
                      What is the evidence base for this claim? It would be interesting to see how large a problem this is in terms of numbers of calls and time wasted.

Comment

Working...
                      X