• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Mark Field be charged with assault?

MP Mark Field accused of assaulting Greenpeace activist - BBC News

Thoughts?
    Yes
    14.29%
    No
    63.49%
    Don't you dare put an AndyW option or I will get really mad!
    11.11%
    AndyW
    11.11%

Yes. Bang to rights.

Comment

If she was any cop he should have pulled up a chair for her.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
        If she was any cop he should have pulled up a chair for her.
        Maybe he likes rough sex and that was his way of getting "friendly" with her? Quite a lot of male MPs have a very poor view of women.

Not just assault - sexual assault?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Maybe he likes rough sex and that was his way of getting "friendly" with her? Quite a lot of male MPs have a very poor view of women.
          We can only speculate about that. So lets.

Comment

Looks rather over the top, the aggressive way he handled her, but hardly assault. That word implies (or should in a less PC world) that he actually hurt her.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Looks rather over the top, the aggressive way he handled her, but hardly assault. That word implies (or should in a less PC world) that he actually hurt her.
              No it doesn't. This is nothing to do with political correctness but the law of the land since time immemorial. Common assault - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Field View Post
                The UK remains committed to helping women all over the world to feel safe and protected in the work they do, so they can speak freely and be part of the change we all want. My remarks at the Westminster Hall Debate on Women Human Rights Defenders.
                Women Human Rights Defenders - Hansard
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

He has no right to manhandled her like that. Absolutely awful. I hope she takes him to court. What would make a man react like that in a public space in front of so many black tie wearing people?
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I'd have done the same. She could have been carrying acid. Too many bedwetters on here.
                    Last edited by Lockhouse; 21 June 2019, 08:26.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X